Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The in-game store interface is horrible.

The in-game store interface is horrible.

Not only is the store web-based, I have to..

login steam -> open dota2 -> open the shop -> Login through steam through the in-game browser shop. (and the game requests a security code through e-mail).

Wtf is this? A login within a login of a login? I'm logging in through a steam game, why is it asking for my password again?

Not only that, I also can't preview items that I want to buy. TF2's shop is many times better than this.

I'm a bit disappointed.

Basic Member
    this is a suggestion forum. suggest what you think they should change and implement instead of whining

"Forum: Customization Suggestions: Discuss and provide feedback on your customization experience here"

I just provided my customization experience. You got anything constructive to add?

Basic Member
    A login within a login

loginception

Basic Member
    Normally you don't have to login within the browser. I think it's a bug because the store was kinda under heavy load when it launched

Basic Member
    Like with the store and community in the Steam client, logging in an extra time isn't normally required, but once in a while the web parts don't think you're logged in. Your options when this happens is to just log back in or restarting Steam/the game (not both, just whichever is doing it).

Basic Member
    Same thoughts...first you have to login multiple times just to browse the shop. I was expecting an in-game store system, similar to TF2 where you could browse with little to now lag. For dota2 you have to download data from the server everytime you click something as far as I can tell. Plus, scrolling is laggy. On a side note, scrolling through the hero picker while in game does not run at a full 60fps, unlike the one in the loadout screen.

Basic Member
    Yo dawg...

onth: the shop is cool but interface sucks

Yes, it's horrible. Logins after logins and e-mail logins. Also if you want to see one item in shop and you click it, it takes ages for the item page to load.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Not only is the store web-based, I have to..

login steam -> open dota2 -> open the shop -> Login through steam through the in-game browser shop. (and the game requests a security code through e-mail).

Wtf is this? A login within a login of a login? I'm logging in through a steam game, why is it asking for my password again?

Not only that, I also can't preview items that I want to buy. TF2's shop is many times better than this.

I'm a bit disappointed.
    LOGINCEPTION