Thread: Max level of battle points/item gain cap?

Max level of battle points/item gain cap?

So well, what is the max level of battle points? Also, is there any cap a week, like in tf2, for item drops, or how does it work? Will the level reset every "cap"? Do you ONLY get items when you level or is there a minor random chance after every game as well? I would love some more clarification on this as I have a lot of questions the FAQ does not cover.
    Last edited by den_hemske; 06-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.

In TF2 main reason for the cap were idlers.
    Hopefully, in DotA2 there can be no such thing (if you idle much in game you wil lget reported and get in low priority, not worth it).

It's most likely that there is no cap here.

As for the items - it's a great question, it would be awesome if someone from Valve would explain how do the drops actually work. Mainly - are they tied to battle points, or drop randomly after games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadgehog View Post
    In TF2 main reason for the cap were idlers.
    Hopefully, in DotA2 there can be no such thing (if you idle much in game you wil lget reported and get in low priority, not worth it).

It's most likely that there is no cap here.

As for the items - it's a great question, it would be awesome if someone from Valve would explain how do the drops actually work. Mainly - are they tied to battle points, or drop randomly after games?
    Yeah I thought it would not be a cap here, since you actually HAVE to play to gain any items. But some clarification from Valve themself would be great.