Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Drop rate is slow and tiring

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekriel View Post
    Maybe keep the actual item drop rates low, but increase chest drop rates?
    Please don't.
    Most chests contain garbage, and you may as well buy the item you want rather than a key.
    The only reason those damn chests are there is to troll you. It's like every time I get one I feel like Gabe's watching me with a trollface.

Basic Member
    If it's slow and tiring, it's a good thing. They are free, and there's the shop for near-instant access to cosmetics.

Also, not all games result in any item drops. I'm totally fine with that.

Please don't make more chests. I hated crates in TF2 as I always forgot to delete them and they ended up cramming up lots of space in my backpack. I don't want the same here.

Basic Member
    a friend of mine has 6 items already. four of which are juggernaut crates and another being a furion crate. he must be so lucky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Please don't make more chests. I hated crates in TF2 as I always forgot to delete them and they ended up cramming up lots of space in my backpack. I don't want the same here.
    If you hated crates, why you don't make trade to other steam items with me or this link? Yo should try...!!!
    Its very idiot to quit play dota 2/TF2 if only problem with comestic items

Basic Member
    1. open dota 2 store
    2. buy cosmetics
    3. ????
    4. profit

or are you one of those cheapstakes who's gonna complain about free stuff?

I think nothing should be changed. Since TF2 system works fine, this should stay the same too. I mean, maybe you would want to be able just to buy the items with no hope for random drops? Like some other games we know? I thought so.

Sure, tha rates are probably made in "their" favor (as in high enough for you to have a chance to get it, but low enough so you might just lose it and go buy it), but it's logical.

Sure I would love to have higher rates, but I also want a ferrari and who knows maybe one of these things will happen. Though seeing that there is an item "boost your luck" in the shop... well I need to make some space in my garage.
    Hence came forth a cloudy mist to devour the very essence of the futures fortune in the city of the mind, yet a single thought like a golden lance piersed the all devouring veil and it's existance came to an end. As the mist dispersed into nothingness the writer shook his head as he took his quill - now that the mind was clear it was time to write again...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aeon44 View Post
    i think its just normal that its hard to get items by the end of games.

i mean they did put those items on the store for a price, right?
    they won't gain profit if items will always drop for someone every game, so its just fair.

if you want those items, then just buy it, simple as that.

but yeah, its kinda hard to level up if 1000 battle points are needed just to go to level 2, before it was only just 250 now and months ago they updated it to 1000.
    Have already figured how how many items they'll have for each hero after they've implemented all the 100+ heroes and supposing each hero will have a single set (5 pieces of equippment, ranging from 0.75~2$)
    That's way more than 500 items... And supposing we have to play 4 matches to win an item, that means 2000 hours of gameplay to get all items (that is: if you don't get duplicates and crates).

Basic Member
    Wow people are more concerned about drop rates than the actual game. So sad.
    Last edited by D3t_; 06-03-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3t_ View Post
    Wow people are more concerned about drop ratse than the actual game. So sad.
    Well, what did you expect, vanity has always been the focus of many players and out their in the real world. Who doesn't like to show of their bling?