Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Drop rate is slow and tiring

Basic Member

Item Drop rate is slow and tiring

So I am under the impression that every 1000 Battle points will level you up and you will get an item on your next level. But after playing so many games I realise that 1000 points is hard to collect which makes the drop rate extremely slow.

Also there is a chance you can get items after 5-6 games (not sure of this number). Valve should probably clarify the mechanism.

Should the drop system be modified such that you get items for say 500 points or alternatively they can modify the level system and give more items the higher level you are? Once more heroes/item are released it will be impossible to get the items for the heroes you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Teamwork! View Post
    The items are supposed to drop slowly enough to make it worth buying them. I would think this would be obvious.
    In TF2 valve makes money not by selling items but by selling keys. I can safely say over 90% of their multi-million revenue comes from keys rather than selling items. So why not in Dota 2 also? And when crafting will be introduced (it will be, talked to some content creators and also on www.tf2b.com store bought items show "not usable in crafting") won't there be an acute shortage of clean dropped items for crafting purposes?

TL;DR - Sell keys like TF2 and let players enjoy items for free.
    Last edited by zzuubb; 06-06-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Basic Member
    Items also drop at the end of every game. It seems to be an average of 2-4 drops per game (out of 10 possible people), so it isn't all that slow.

It's a bonus for playing the game, not the other way around...

i think its just normal that its hard to get items by the end of games.

i mean they did put those items on the store for a price, right?
    they won't gain profit if items will always drop for someone every game, so its just fair.

if you want those items, then just buy it, simple as that.

but yeah, its kinda hard to level up if 1000 battle points are needed just to go to level 2, before it was only just 250 now and months ago they updated it to 1000.
    Last edited by aeon44; 06-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weebletns View Post
    Items also drop at the end of every game. It seems to be an average of 2-4 drops per game (out of 10 possible people), so it isn't all that slow.
    Last time I checked most people getting items at the end of the game are receiving their first item. Also this luck based drops system ain't fair if you are randomly chosen to get items. Some people may keep getting lucky with drops so that makes it unfair for the rest who play but get nothing.

Basic Member
    It's not that bad, not to mention their is currently no weekly drop cap. Just play more. It's free stuff anyways.

Basic Member
    Not to mention the drop rate increases as you level up more.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskub View Post
    It's not that bad, not to mention their is currently no weekly drop cap. Just play more. It's free stuff anyways.
    You don't know how much I have been playing to get items but no luck

Basic Member
    I recommend you play the game for the sake of the game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weebletns View Post
    I have played at least 10 games since the update.

I got 2 boxes and 1 item, some matches didn't drop items at all, but the thing that bothers me most is that 3 of those matches didn't give me Battle Points at all!