Thread: DotA2 Drops bug

Basic Member

DotA2 Drops bug

So after this patch has hid I've had numerous bugs, but there's one bug here I don't see a thread for and it isn't solved by restarting the game or anything like that. To make this short let me tell you my problem: Drops don't end up in my inventory.

The longer story is that after the patch I go in and play a game, normal AP game nothing special about it. Except in the end the Cruel Shuriken thing drops for me. That's all fine and that one ended up in my inventory. However after that I was lucky and got an item from my second game as well. Or so the game seemed to tell me. After the game was over I saw the item pop up under the scoreboard and I thought "cool another drop", but then I couldn't find it in my inventory... anywhere. Instead I saw I had the shuriken and a box. Dunno where the box came from so I just thought "maybe it showed the wrong item or something, let me just keep playing and see if its just a wrong icon or something. Later that night I then had another drop that ALSO hasn't been put in my inventory. Now I'm getting really nervous at the game because no item was put in my inventory after I clearly had gotten an item. I tried restarting and see if it was just because the client hadn't updated for the new items or something. Nothing. Well it was late at night and I played one last game, decided that maybe it was delayed and they would be in my inventory later. Steam seemed to have problems with the community website so maybe it was a problem there.

So in summary I should have gotten
    1st item: Cruel Shuriken
    2nd item: Spectrolyte Staff
    3rd item: Omnisghred the Defiant

And now today Executioner Trophies dropped for me and I haven't gotten them. I checked and I am sure they were supposed to be mine after the game was over and its NOT in my inventory. I don't care if the items are lost forever because of the bug, but please fix it before something for some of the heroes that I do play drops. I checked and they were supposed to be in my inventory from my knowledge and from what the game told me.

If needed to recover any items then I can't remember any match ID except perhaps the Executioner's Trophies that were supposed to drop from match ID 18636717, but as said I don't mind losing the items as a whole because I don't play those heroes. I just want it fixed for later items.

Banned
    Are you positive the item said your name under it when it shows on the final scoreboard?

Basic Member
    Those are the drops to your other teammates, when you get a drop it'll show on the lower left side of the scoreboard, it'll be in its own little box too.