Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why do other people get items when...

Quote Originally Posted by popovich View Post
    We? Speak for yourself pal, I like it fine just the way it is.
    Just because others get a legendary drop sometimes is not a
    reason for me to complain why I haven't got one yet.

Like I said, I have no problem even with people 0-15 getting
    a good drop but I do have a problem with leavers getting ANY drop.
    But since Valve put an end to that battle points exploit even
    that's not happening anymore so I'm good.
    by "we" i meant op and me, ofc not every1 agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by wachon1992 View Post
    I dont think op means "I dont like the way how items drop", he is more like "Why always feeder got the nice items while i dont" which is post of the man that dont understand what random is.

Quote Originally Posted by auygurbalik View Post
    I dont think op means "I dont like the way how items drop", he is more like "Why always feeder got the nice items while i dont" which is post of the man that dont understand what random is.
    No, it's the post of a man who doesn't know the drop chance is random.
    That's pretty clear from his first post, if you actually read it.
    I seriously doubt he doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Let me quote it for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBooT12 View Post
    how does the loot work?
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    Okay guys, lets all take a breather and imma try break down some points here...

Quote Originally Posted by wachon1992 View Post
    Wachon, i see your point like in the fantasy league, but imagine this scenario : youre playing great as ever on a hero like puck getting maybe 14/0/3, but your team is sucking and feeding (losing practically any team fight) and you get solid points for farming and etc.. but the other players on the other side are getting their points faster and easier than yourself. maybe with a bara going godlike or a riki getting rampages every 5 mins. My point is that although your system seems fair, it is still flawed. some people will not get the items based on their own skills but rather feeding off their opponents weakness. and there are situations where you might be using a rubick :- getting a lot of kills with your fade bolt. but since he is generally a support, he will lose points based on your system and maybe get a ~ common item. and a carry with not enough farm due to ganks might initially lose a lot of points. ~ rare instead of mythical item. i hope you see what i mean, your way is innovative indeed, but it is overall not better than the current system. and itd make getting legendary mythicals and arcana drops easier, dropping their value essentially (yes the economy of dota 2 needed be taken into context indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by popovich View Post
    No, it's the post of a man who doesn't know the drop chance is random.
    That's pretty clear from his first post, if you actually read it.
    I seriously doubt he doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Let me quote it for you:
    In your case you stated about the fact that the system above is rather flawed, i agree with you. itd mean that people would end up playing into a fixed role and we wouldnt see anymore rubick pudge hooks etc etc. essentially you also state that many people appreciate the random thing - i do as well, but i hope that there is a quota. like a random drop every 4-6 matches or 3-5 hours? i mean that way itd be better. some people might go on a dropless streak- not getting drop for weeks. in the end though, lets not fight and discuss this in a proper manner

Basic Member
    i thinkit should just stay as it is.. just minus leavers as coach popovich said... it sucks when the leaver gets the item.