Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "Choosing" the Hero Twice - Why?

Basic Member
    If you hit random after 0:00 in the old hero picker it would dump you straight into the game. Now it gives you the opportunity to re-pick.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean01 View Post
    lets say you instapick, and you have to wait another 55 seconds watching how colorfull the card is without been able to do anything, shop or place wards

another case you wish to pick and harras rosh or after techies comes out spam mines, treants and/or summon other units, with stuner you could even intercept enemy hero going to tier 1 tower before creeps spawn and achieve FB
    there are many posibilities which are not allowed right now compared to WC3 model
    That already wasn't possible in the old dota 2 picker. It put the picking screen up for 1 minute to give you time to repick. With the old one, there was also no way to repick if you pick or random after the picking time runs out.

I don't care about the customization, but it shouldn't dump me into the game without giving me a chance to repick.

+1 it's alot more annyoing than helpful

I still don't understand why there's a customize section in the actual game at all.

Basic Member
    Yes, it is unoptimal. I just want to go into game, instead of having to reclick.