Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Choosing" the Hero Twice - Why?

Basic Member

"Choosing" the Hero Twice - Why?

Hi All,
    I have to vent my biggest source of frustration with the hero picker; needing to "choose" my hero twice.

What really gets me is that I choose my hero, then have time to customize my hero. What gets me is that I have a very small amount of items; so why do I need to customize a hero there are no items for or I don't yet have items for?

It seems to me that a simple if/else statement should prevent me from wondering why the game has started and I'm still looking at the hero picker (or worse yet, someone new who thinks they aren't able to play). It's confusing until you realize what's going on. In the event a hero has items, just give me a customize button that's available until the match starts. Anyone who hasn't selected a hero by the match start time doesn't get to customize; we need them in their lane, not fiddling with cosmetics.

That's all; since the update, I've really taken to the grid view; but selecting the hero twice is just goofy and unintuitive.

EDIT:
    Didn't see any threads searching for "choosing hero twice".

Basic Member
    I believe the whole customization part would be better if left in the CUSTOMIZE-tab alone in the Main Menu, instead of during/after the Picking phase as well.

I don't know about most, but I seek to use any brief moment of pause to plot against the enemy, like during the picking phase, during the start-up..

And when out of game, it should be the time to customize, browse LEARN, spectate games, or living life.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Grub View Post
    I believe the whole customization part would be better if left in the CUSTOMIZE-tab alone in the Main Menu, instead of during/after the Picking phase as well.

I don't know about most, but I seek to use any brief moment of pause to plot against the enemy, like during the picking phase, during the start-up..

And when out of game, it should be the time to customize, browse LEARN, spectate games, or living life.
    I agree, people shouldn't think about customization during picks.

I should add here that the cosmetics are Not about the gameplay and should not effect it... As in leave it far away from the pick screen.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I thought about leaving it in the customize menu as well, but I was thinking "what if you random?"

I suppose a valid argument though is that the customization shouldn't be ad-hoc, it should be done prior to choosing.

Either way, having to "choose" my hero twice really sucks.

Amount of items has nothing to do with it, remove it completely and let us still be able to see hero poll.

Banned
    Yes it's feels very clumsy. I think a better idea is that when you choose your hero a little pop-up shows up with which you can open the customization menufor that hero. So If you don't press anything you will just enter the game when the time reaches 00:00. So rather forcing people to go to the customization menu, make it an option as a pop-up.

Basic Member
    I agree. I think it's annoying. I'd rather all of the customization be before the game - ie. before the picking phase. (or at least, make it so that the player has to press a special button to customize their hero, rather than making it go to the customization phase by default.)

Basic Member
    +1 it could be done better.

Basic Member
    +1 makes no sense to select hero twice, and will be more hated after techies comes out / harrasing mines at lane/