Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't center camera on respawn

Don't center camera on respawn

Stop bumping this thread. An option to turn it off was added to options quite a while ago. Options - Game - Interface - Move camera on respawn

(Not sure if it's the right section)

When you respawn with aegis the camera automatically centers to you. This sounds nifty at first, but when you are spamming your blink dagger on a nearby cliff so you can get away before you take any damage, you'll find yourself blinking to all kinds of funky unwanted places instead of the place you are intending to. Centering the camere might be a nice feature for people who tend to forget that they have aegis or other issues. But I'm quite aware of where my hero is going to spawn and I do not want the cam to center on it. I just had a game where I died twice because of it and I wasn't amused by it

Could this be made toggleable perhaps?
    Last edited by DreadMuffin; 09-09-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Basic Member
    I can only support this.
    When i respawn I don't want my camera to move on it's own havinf aegis or not.

Please valve make this a toggle in the options.

Toggle!

Basic Member
    Togglable option or not, I don't want my camera to move on respawn either. With or without the aegis.

Basic Member
    +1

bumb?

This seems like the wrong section, but I'm not sure there is a right section. The sections here are sometimes a bit lacking.

I also want to turn off camera centring on respawn. It's not just with Aegis that it messes up. Sometimes I want to teleport to a specific spot the moment I respawn, and the camera introduces an unnecessary delay.

There also seems to be a common glitch where my camera will jump to where I died, rather than where I am respawning. Centring the camera on hero too soon, I guess. Especially annoying when fighting is happening near the fountain.

Banned
    +1

Basic Member
    +1 to this I absolutely hate when I am surveying the map while dead, and upon respawn I get taken straight back to the fountain area.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoman View Post
    +1 to this I absolutely hate when I am surveying the map while dead, and upon respawn I get taken straight back to the fountain area.
    That's technically another issue, but that annoys me as well. It's not critical like with aegis respawn though.