Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] upgrading chicken while it's out of base

[Confirmed] upgrading chicken while it's out of base

Situation: I buy chicken, assigning it number two (Ctrl+2), improve it and I have to again assign her number!

Btw,
    When you buy a chicken recipe for improvement, it is immediately improved, even if it's far from base.
    Last edited by blash365; 02-01-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: greyed out fixed part of the bug report

Basic Member
    On a similar note, chicken should show as able to be upgraded to flying courier in the shop.

Behold. I will probably do the greatest resurrection of all times, limited with the lifetime of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    On a similar note, chicken should show as able to be upgraded to flying courier in the shop.
    Yeah, I completely agree. This needs to get fixed. It doesn't really make sense that you are able to upgrade the courier that is far away from the upgrade scroll itself.
    It can lead into an unexpected save of the courier that is walking on the ground with really low hp, by upgrading the courier when it gets in danger.

And this wasn't possible on DotA.

Not on the list, has to be added, and eventually get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Behold. I will probably do the greatest resurrection of all times, limited with the lifetime of this forum.

Yeah, I completely agree. This needs to get fixed. It doesn't really make sense that you are able to upgrade the courier that is far away from the upgrade scroll itself.
    It can lead into an unexpected save of the courier that is walking on the ground with really low hp, by upgrading the courier when it gets in danger.

And this wasn't possible on DotA.

Not on the list, has to be added, and eventually get fixed.
    I was hoping they'd confirm this as an intended change because courier doesn't have shield anymore

What do you mean by shield?
    If you mean the invulnerability skill that it previously had, it got removed on both DotA and Dota 2 a while ago.

I just hope that nobody including IceFrog to say that this is an intended change, because this has an effect on the courier survivability, which grants great bounty to the killer team. The bonus is more significant on the early stages of the game, and that is the stage where courier is still walking most of the time, meaning that this bug can be abused at the early stages mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    What do you mean by shield?
    If you mean the invulnerability skill that it previously had, it got removed on both DotA and Dota 2 a while ago.

I just hope that nobody including IceFrog to say that this is an intended change, because this has an effect on the courier survivability, which grants great bounty to the killer team. The bonus is more significant on the early stages of the game, and that is the stage where courier is still walking most of the time, meaning that this bug can be abused at the early stages mostly.
    Yes I'm talking about that shield. Yeah I just have the opposite opinion where I want it to be intended because of the great amount of couriers being killed since they removed it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be intended just saying I would like it to be assuming that they couldn't do this in wc3 due to engine limitations.

The shield argument is pointless from the beginning.
    Walking courier never had shield ability. It always used to die with a simple hit. You never were able to protect it from an incoming projectile.

It is fragile. It is meant to be fragile. If it wasn't meant to be fragile, it would get some HP boost on both versions.
    There are several other ways to make courier protectable. No need to let courier be upgrade-able on the middle of the battlefield, where it is over 5000 (this number is not random, it is an approximation regarding the map dimensions) units away from the recipe to get the nifty wings upgrade.

Why did you add a Confirmed tag?! This is an intended change.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Please, do tell, why do you think that this is intended?

"Because W3 engine didn't let it be possible" is not good enough to call something as "intended", it also has to be somewhat more logical and reasonable, too...
    On the other hand, I think it most probably could be done this way on DotA anyway.

it's surely intended, because almost everyone knows that you're able to upgrade the courier outside of the base. If it wasn't intended, they would have changed it long ago.