Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chens dialogue on my nerves

I think we're all adults here nya... If your character in your book/game/TV show has to be religious you shouldn't be forced to change it. It is in no way conveying the creator's beliefs and is just an important element that makes the character, there's always going to be people who disagree with Chen but I think its more disrepecting to make him stop saying that than the character himself announcing it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Zpredator View Post
    I should have been more specific. It's only about 2-4 lines that bother me, example "There is only ONE God"

Maybe I've just heard that phrase too many times in my lifetime?
    Ok it's cool that you are an atheist and stuff but let's not take this to the game. As already stated, he is the HOLY knight.
    Feels like questioning such a phrase (I doubt it really offends you) is only you trying to cause some unneeded drama.

This is who he is. This most definitely should not be changed.
    Last edited by Flower; 10-30-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Professional help? Insecurities?

How dumb are you? I'm merely annoyed how he sounds like a Puritan. Some phrases he says I've constantly heard. And this includes people who preach.

You can see how this could annoy me. If it only annoys me in not going to push for it to be changed.

I am not atheist.
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

Basic Member
    Why exactly are you annoyed that a hero with a skill called Holy Persuasion and an ultimate called Hand of God sounds like a Puritan? As Flower said, it's who he is, and no I can't see how it could annoy you.

I should have been more specific. It's only about 2-4 lines that bother me, example "There is only ONE God"

Maybe I've just heard that phrase too many times in my lifetime?
    Again, it's just some overused Christian phrases that gets to me. Very few lines.

I do not have a problem with almost of his lines. The Holy Knight concept works well.

Obulus kinda sounds ridiculous too though.
    Last edited by Zpredator; 10-31-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

Basic Member
    They are not Christian lines. They are monotheistic lines.

Guys, just don't listen phrases of a Chen

Basic Member
    Professional help? Insecurities?

How dumb are you? I'm merely annoyed how he sounds like a Puritan. Some phrases he says I've constantly heard. And this includes people who preach.

You can see how this could annoy me. If it only annoys me in not going to push for it to be changed.

I am not atheist.
    Christian/Muslim/Jew

Neither.

Mods, please lock and delete this thread.