Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestuon]Add alert sound when matchmaking ready

Basic Member

[Suggestuon]Add alert sound when matchmaking ready

Matchmaking always take 2~5 minutes in my country,so I will alt-tab to do some other things like browse forum or play some flash game,and I always forget the matchmaking is ready and wasted time or have to matchmake again....
    If there could be some alert sound can be hear even player alt-tabed,that could be avoid.

it already does this

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
    it already does this
    Where?Why i cant hear it?

I also hear it fine. Maybe check your sound settings in-game?
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

Basic Member
    I'm in beta since december and the sound was always there...if you can't hear it, you should be able to see dota2 flash on taskbar.

Yea its probably something to do with your pc. I use two computers to play dota, one of them has a nice audible sound when matchmaking is ready, and the other one does not. So try audio settings of the game and pc.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Ok that works fine and perfect btw. How about adding a sound playing of when the game actually loads and gets into picking mode. That would reduce abandonment too I bet. Two distinctive sounds like a game in the pre picking phase middle of the map. Then when the game gets to the picking phase. Those two features and accompanying audio abilities are lacking when alt tabbed. And while were at it how about a sound when you respawn as well when you alt tab between deaths.
    Last edited by TheRunThru; 06-07-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRunThru View Post
    Ok that works fine and perfect btw. How about adding a sound playing of when the game actually loads and gets into picking mode. That would reduce abandonment too I bet. Two distinctive sounds like a game in the pre picking phase middle of the map. Then when the game gets to the picking phase. Those two features and accompanying audio abilities are lacking when alt tabbed. And while were at it how about a sound when you respawn as well when you alt tab between deaths.
    It does that too I believe, you can hear a system wide "All pick" or whatever mode youre in. Can anyone confirm that? I usually dont alt tab at that point but I seem to remember one time when I did.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    It does that too I believe, you can hear a system wide "All pick" or whatever mode youre in. Can anyone confirm that? I usually dont alt tab at that point but I seem to remember one time when I did.
    You do hear it. I tend to tab in when that sound comes up.

needs to be changed.