View Poll Results: Should the [80%] transparency be retained?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

212 75.44%
  • No

69 24.56%
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: [Intended?] Blur not making PA transparent.

I believe it's made that way because it would be way too confusing to new players seeing a health bar floating.. I don't usually support changes like that, but the way blur worked in dota1 was really retarded and i am happy with this change. So far valve has proven that they care about keeping dota1 gameplay by not making major changes and this actually was a needed one. Maybe some old school PAs won't like it, but in the end valve has to consider about what the majority wants and i doubt it would be a floating health bar.

Basic Member
    I could be wrong, but I though blur was recently changed in dota 1 so that PA was less transparent anyway making this discussion much less relevant.

don't get me wrong I loved the old invisible PA, but she certainly was confusing for new players.

Basic Member
    That aspect of Blur is a relic from when there was no "Always Show Health Bars" option in Warcraft 3 (added in 1.22), so there would conceivably be points where you weren't seeing health bars and an invisible PA might slip by.

Now nobody plays without "Always Show Health Bars" (and by default they're always shown in DotA 2) so there's not really any gameplay benefit when you'd always see a floating HP bar regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    Not a bug. Post on playdota if you want to make suggestions. This was thoroughly talked about when PA was released though, so it's most likely not changing.
    Wtf with you Pyros. This isn't a balance related question, the OP is complaining ABOUT A GRAPHICAL ISSUE in dota2.

I confirm this bug/issue. Change it ASAP, VALVE, the balance is broken Mort should get an invisibility like blur.

We don't fucking care about Sets, D1-D2 Equivalence comes FIRST.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shideneyu View Post
    Wtf with you Pyros. This isn't a balance related question, the OP is complaining ABOUT A GRAPHICAL ISSUE in dota2.

I confirm this bug/issue. Change it ASAP, VALVE, the balance is broken Mort should get an invisibility like blur.

We don't fucking care about Sets, D1-D2 Equivalence comes FIRST.
    You guys haven't been around very long...

Here's a 47 page thread discussing it. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39473a No need to spout out what's been argued over before.

Even within that 47 page thread there were hundreds of posters who did not even know how the skill worked as of the most recent Dota 1 patch. The transparency was nerfed in Dota 1, it no longer goes to the point where she is just a black dot. Everyone seems to think it wasn't. Anyhow not going to argue it anymore and neither should anyone else.
    Last edited by Wiener; 07-29-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Merged with the old (closed) thread. It should remain closed, there's enough pages already.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.