Thread: Gyrocopter Lore

Gyrocopter Lore

So begins a new age of October 2011.

After serving through a lifetime of wars, upheaval, riots, and revolutions, the brass figured Aurel had seen enough. But in addition to a few trinkets and his considerable pension, the erstwhile engineer left with something far more interesting: a long-forgotten, incomplete schematic for a Gyrocopter, the world’s first manned, non-magical flying device. Retiring to the tropical obscurity of the Ash Archipelago with little else but time and money, he set to work building the device. As the years wore on and the remains of failed prototypes began to pile up, he began to wonder if mechanical flight was even possible. A decade and a day after his retirement, on a sunny afternoon with a southerly breeze, Aurel sat in his latest attempt bristling with indignation and expectant failure. With a grunt of effort he pulled the ignition cord and covered his head, waiting for the inevitable explosion. However to his great surprise he began to lift and, following a few panicked adjustments, stabilize. Within an hour, he was ducking and weaving with the breeze, level with the gulls, and Aurel found himself filled with the breathless wonder of flight. As dusk settled in he set a course back to his workshop, but no sooner had he turned his craft when a cannonball tore through his tailfin. Disentangling himself from the wreckage, he swam toward the nearest piece of land in sight, and cursed to see the ship responsible for the cannonball collecting the debris. Days later, when Aurel returned to his workshop, he set to work on yet another gyrocopter, this one capable of carrying a much heavier, more dangerous payload.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

So... We're all thinking it.

Whose ship was it?

Ayep, that's what I'm thinking too. I believe this will stay a mistery - the closest relation could possibly be our three Techies, but that's just pure speculation - even if it was them, he clearly doesn't know that; more importantly, he mocks them for setting land mines.

That's interesting.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Ayep, that's what I'm thinking too. I believe this will stay a mistery - the closest relation could possibly be our three Techies, but that's just pure speculation - even if it was them, he clearly doesn't know that; more importantly, he mocks them for setting land mines.

That's interesting.
    Even more specifically, he says "Next time try launching your explosives!"

That would be hilariously ironic if it was actually Techies who shot him down

Quote Originally Posted by The4thSniporr View Post
    Even more specifically, he says "Next time try launching your explosives!"

That would be hilariously ironic if it was actually Techies who shot him down
    He doesn't seem to harbor any special resentment against them or Goblins as a whole though. In fact, he has lines for all three of the confirmed Keenfolk but none for Alchemist (hint hint)

It seems everyone who lives anywhere closely relating to the sea ends up in some form of trouble.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quint View Post
    He doesn't seem to harbor any special resentment against them or Goblins as a whole though. In fact, he has lines for all three of the confirmed Keenfolk but none for Alchemist (hint hint)

It seems everyone who lives anywhere closely relating to the sea ends up in some form of trouble.
    And what makes you think techies will remains goblins? My guess is Techies will change just like Tinker changed so they all belong to the same race, and before you ask why alchemist didn't change: bear in mind that Sniper, Clockwerk, Gyrocopter, Tinker and Techies all use technology and firepower, alchemist uses potions and concoctions.

I'm guessing the "dwarves" (sniper, tinker etc.) are the technological ones and the goblins (alchemist) are the potions brewing freaks.

SO techies will most likely become a "dwarf", or a keenfolk like you say (where is that confirmed btw? I honeslty don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    SO techies will most likely become a "dwarf", or a keenfolk like you say (where is that confirmed btw? I honeslty don't know)
    Check Clockwerk's lore, it was changed a while and gave his race a name: The Keen Folk.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    Check Clockwerk's lore, it was changed a while and gave his race a name: The Keen Folk.
    Yeah I've checked it already, thank you.