Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Knight Lore

Chaos Knight Lore

The veteran of a countless battles on a thousand worlds, Chaos Knight hails from a far upstream plane where the fundamental laws of the universe have found sentient expression. Of all the ancient Fundamentals, he is the oldest and most tireless—endlessly searching out a being he knows only as “The Light.” Long ago the Light ventured out from the progenitor realm, in defiance of the first covenant. Now Chaos Knight shifts from plane to plane, always on the hunt to extinguish the Light wherever he finds it. A thousand times he has snuffed out the source, and always he slides into another plane to continue his search anew.

Upon his steed Armageddon he rides, wading into battle with maniacal frenzy, drawing strength from the disorder of the universe. A physical manifestation of chaos itself, in times of need he calls upon other versions of himself from other planes, and together these dark horsemen ride into battle, as unstoppable as any force of nature. Only when the last Light of the world is scoured from existence will the search be ended. Where rides the Chaos Knight, death soon follows.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Hm. Nothing too remarkable here imo.

I wonder is "The Light" the same light that is kept by KOTL? I imagine so, going by their rivalry lines.

Specifically the only one where he slowly names Ezalor and claims he chased him for long? Hey, everyone can hold their opinion, but to me, that's freaking confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by The4thSniporr View Post
    Hm. Nothing too remarkable here imo.

I wonder is "The Light" the same light that is kept by KOTL? I imagine so, going by their rivalry lines.
    I believe, it is KOTL (Keeper of THE LIGHT). Quite intriguing since "The Light" that Ezalor is keeping is not just any light in general, but a specific one.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

Also, I find one detail remarkable about this lore.
    New "race": The Fundamentals. If I'm understanding this correctly, they're all unique and every one of them is a personification of a different law that upholds the Universe. As the embodiment of Chaos, he would of course complain about "Order" upon defeat.

I wonder, what other Fundamentals might we be hinted at as we get updates. It's likely that none, since Chaos is only chasing Ezalor for the crime of going out of their home dimension. Logic says, the others remained back home, or else Chaos would know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quint View Post
    Specifically the only one where he slowly names Ezalor and claims he chased him for long? Hey, everyone can hold their opinion, but to me, that's freaking confirmation.
    Good point. I just remember CK having rivalry lines with KOTL, couldn't remember the specifics. But yeah, I think that pretty much confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowThanatos View Post
    I believe, it is KOTL (Keeper of THE LIGHT). Quite intriguing since "The Light" that Ezalor is keeping is not just any light in general, but a specific one.
    Hm. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Basic Member
    CK has many rival lines against KOTL. This basically confirms that KOTL's lore will be something around him being (wait for it) a person/being who is appointed the task of keeping 'The Light'. I would like to know more of this 'light', though.

Basic Member
    Poor Phoenix.

I really love how he ended up, reminds me hell a lot of Warhammer, which is really an awesome feat.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quint View Post
    Also, I find one detail remarkable about this lore.
    New "race": The Fundamentals. If I'm understanding this correctly, they're all unique and every one of them is a personification of a different law that upholds the Universe. As the embodiment of Chaos, he would of course complain about "Order" upon defeat.

I wonder, what other Fundamentals might we be hinted at as we get updates. It's likely that none, since Chaos is only chasing Ezalor for the crime of going out of their home dimension. Logic says, the others remained back home, or else Chaos would know about it.
    I'm pretty sure Enigma is a Fundamental (of gravity/cosmology) and Faceless Void is the Fundamental of time (nothing really proves it, but that would be awesome)

Assume that the universe itself was born in darkness, then the Fundamental of Light (or Ezalor himself?) broke the rule of his race, traveled around in many dimension to bring The Light (or life) to every single place? Then he would be the one that brought The First Dawn to Dota world.

^ I don't think so, since AA proved that Enigma is an Elemental (see his rival line), while Void is a creature came from a very specific place, Claszureme.

At this point, the only thing I think that all of the Fundamental have is horses (well, CK and KOTL have horses, don't they?).
    Last edited by ShadowThanatos; 06-07-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"