Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracking a Night Stalker with Aghinim's Scepter

I am still leaning towards this being intended. No easy fix for the WC3 version comes to mind, maybe you can explain to me how.

Batrider is almost definitely intended. Track lets you share vision, and batrider gains flying vision when using Firefly. I don't see a problem with this.

Going by your OP, I'm not sure if you understand how track works. It does not reveal a fixed small area around the target, you actually gain the same vision area as the target.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

In war3 the unrestricted vision is given by having a flying dummy unit given to Night Stalker. It should be relatively easy to then just give Bounty Hunter and team a dummy flying unit as well if the Night Stalker is tracked. I don't see anything in the war3 engine that would stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    In war3 the unrestricted vision is given by having a flying dummy unit given to Night Stalker. It should be relatively easy to then just give Bounty Hunter and team a dummy flying unit as well if the Night Stalker is tracked. I don't see anything in the war3 engine that would stop this.
    And if NS does not have scepter? None of Nightstalker's abilities are actually changed by scepter, unlike other ultimate upgrades. You wouldn't be able to make Track check if NS had a different ability thanks to scepter upgrade.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.

What is the proc then for giving NS the dummy unit? Once he buys scepter, something has to change. Allow track to detect this change.

EDIT: Removed Batrider. It's do able in War3 dota. Someone gave me false info
    Last edited by Misfit; 06-10-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    What is the proc then for giving NS the dummy unit? Once he buys scepter, something has to change. Allow track to detect this change.

EDIT: Removed Batrider. It's do able in War3 dota. Someone gave me false info
    Checks if Nightstalker has Hunter or Crippling Fear, and that Nightstalker is not an illusion (so illusions don't benefit)

I'm still not convinced. Since you did mention Batrider, when batrider gains flying vision Track will benefit from it as well. Why should Nightstalker be any different?

Will add this to Common Bugs, but thats my two cents.
    Before posting new bugs:

^i'm thinking of making a global integer variable that can be used to check whenever NS acquires aghanim, then set NS_has_aghanim set to 1, then on Track's cast, check if integer of NS_has_aghanim is equal to 1, then create the same dummy unit for BH, trigger to move dummy unit also periodically checks whether NS_has_aghanim still 1, if 0 then remove dummy unit, it seems like the periodic trigger also need to detect track's duration so if all of tracks duration wear off, there is no need to check whether NS still has aghanim or not.

well just a guess
    Last edited by chukky-jr; 06-10-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Emm guys, you can add a check for Aghanims(Night Stalker) on the target since Aghanim's sceptre is unique to Night Stalker, if it is on the target add the flying unit with same vision as NS'.... The flying unit will have a life time equal's to track duration and will be destroyed if track is not present on NS anymore.

Might be buggy with several NS' on the game.
    Last edited by Shamanics; 06-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    Emm guys, you can add a check for Aghanims(Night Stalker) on the target since Aghanim's sceptre is unique to Night Stalker, if it is on the target add the flying unit with same vision as NS'.... The flying unit will have a life time equal's to track duration and will be destroyed if track is not present on NS anymore.

Might be buggy with several NS' on the game.
    I concede. Still think its intended.
    Before posting new bugs:

Basic Member
    I also think this is pretty much intended, just stating that it is actually possible.

We'll have to see what the devs think of it, I'll give it 2-3 patches that contain bug fixes. If it's not fixed then I suppose it's intended.