Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortred's voice

Basic Member
    I imagined more of a deep cocky voice with some emotions that convey her joy of killing. But it all sounds too innocent, even if it is some sort intended, I don't think it fits to a Phantom Assassin.
    Last edited by diamant; 06-07-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Basic Member
    You wanna talk about heroes sounding similar, look at: Anti-mage, Warlock, Beastmaster, and Slardar. I can't tell sometimes who is who just from the voice alone.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talizorah View Post
    You wanna talk about heroes sounding similar, look at: Anti-mage, Warlock, Beastmaster, and Slardar. I can't tell sometimes who is who just from the voice alone.
    Are you kidding me, they sounds very different! There are heroes that sound similiar but Phantom Assassin and Mirana sounds exatly the same without the echo of Mirana's voice, and they do also "talk in the same way" (rhythm?).
    Last edited by Porre; 06-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Basic Member
    Wait, she sounds like Mirana?

Huh, I hadn't noticed. Like, at all. Now when you mention it though, yeah I guess it's the same voice actress?

Basic Member
    Yeah, it is the same voice actor, Gin Hammond (according to Dota2Wiki).

Here you can compare their voices between Phantom Assassin and Mirana:

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Phanto...ssin_responses - Phantom Assassin
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Mirana_responses - Mirana

I have to agree with this, the voice doesnt suit her and more importantly it sounds exactly like Mirana

Basic Member
    She sounds Kenyan sometimes and sometimes she sounds French.

Basic Member
    Her voice should've been more violent/indifferent all the way through except for maybe some lines. If Gin Hammond did that maybe she wouldn't sound like Mirana either. Perhaps if Linda K Morris did it but with a different inflection (Japanese inflection like Gin is doing perhaps) it would've been better. Her voice is more darker and can have a vicious/indifferent tone (as if she doesn't care who she kills as it's only for the Veil). Like this kind of, http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/5/55...mofpain_02.mp3 just a different tone and inflection.

It would've been better if they got a different voice actor though, Gin has just done too many female voices so far so they're beginning so sound similar and there's not many females anyway (so that's not a good thing). Hopefully for Lanaya, Medusa, Luna and Naga they use a different actor. I mean Gin is good but she's just done too many so far.
    Last edited by Plasma Ball; 06-09-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Mortred is the shit, dont change a thing.

Basic Member
    She sounds like Mirana with a slight accent, pretty lame even though they're both voiced by the same person.