Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortred's voice

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma Ball View Post
    Her voice should've been more violent/indifferent all the way through except for maybe some lines. If Gin Hammond did that maybe she wouldn't sound like Mirana either. Perhaps if Linda K Morris did it but with a different inflection (Japanese inflection like Gin is doing perhaps) it would've been better. Her voice is more darker and can have a vicious/indifferent tone (as if she doesn't care who she kills as it's only for the Veil). Like this kind of, http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/5/55...mofpain_02.mp3 just a different tone and inflection.

It would've been better if they got a different voice actor though, Gin has just done too many female voices so far so they're beginning so sound similar and there's not many females anyway (so that's not a good thing). Hopefully for Lanaya, Medusa, Luna and Naga they use a different actor. I mean Gin is good but she's just done too many so far.
    +1

The problem is not so much same voice as mirana or so, but the tone sometimes sounding to sweet (mb like you imagine an enchantress). ... I'm all for her being sweet, but not when blink-striking in your face. No need to be violent, but a more smart/cunning and/or indifferent sound as was mentioned before is what I'm expecting from a high skilled assasin.

Basic Member
    I like to call her Happy Assassin.

this is all over a hero's voice that has no effect on gameplay that few people notice due to being a knit pickers....
    I don't play games, I quit school cause of recess"

I dun mind with her voice sound similar, but her lines are too sweet/innocent/kind like to be an assassin. She should sound more evil, enjoying every moment of her kills or something of that sort.

You guys ruined her for me, I didn't hear Mirana before. Still, I like her voice a lot, cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    You guys ruined her for me, I didn't hear Mirana before. Still, I like her voice a lot, cute.
    >_>

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeFy View Post
    this is all over a hero's voice that has no effect on gameplay that few people notice due to being a knit pickers....
    What exactly is the purpose of the "Hero Verbal Dialog" section again?

Basic Member
    wow, mortred is insanely well done, with great art, sleek animation, good voicework, and those insane huge omgfg borken bugs are fine. blur is fine and a well deserved QUOTE UNQOUTE nerf. Leave Mortred alone for crying out loude. Valve should instead work on the picking screen based on the suggestion thread that has been circling around the forums.

Mortred is a sacred assasin, she thinks her killing does good. She sees herself as kind, and she thinks she honors whom she kills.

Prime example of users trying to influence the direction of every little artistic choice the developer makes, /ignore pls.
    Last edited by ALPHATT; 06-12-2012 at 04:19 PM.

I love it

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diamant View Post
    I imagined more of a deep cocky voice with some emotions that convey her joy of killing. But it all sounds too innocent, even if it is some sort intended, I don't think it fits to a Phantom Assassin.
    Exactly