Thread: [Suggestion] Custom particle effects

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Custom particle effects

Honestly speaking I don't understand the fuss about dota2 items - as everyone plays with maxed out camera they are tiny so people could barely catch them.
    My idea is to add custom effects for spells, ults, teleport and other stuff where particles are involved, for example during big teamfights it would really bring attention of other players to it and make them interested. There are countless ways how to implement it - from simple color/shape change to glorious skull shaped particles effects etc.

From another hand this kind of new stuff must still fit to dota2 theme and remain easily recognizable for all players, so they can understand what kind of spell it is and how to deal with it. If we (community) and actual developers could find the right balance, it will turn out really great for both sides imo.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by starfighter; 06-08-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starfighter View Post
    Honestly speaking I don't understand the fuss about dota2 items - as everyone plays with maxed out camera they are tiny so people could barely catch them.
    My idea is to add custom effects for spells, ults, teleport and other stuff where particles are involved, for example during big teamfights it would really bring attention of other players to it and make them interested. There are countless ways how to implement it - from simple color/shape change to glorious skull shaped particles effects etc.

From another hand this kind of new stuff must still fit to dota2 theme and remain easily recognizable for all players, so they can understand what kind of spell it is and how to deal with it. If we (community) and actual developers could find the right balance, it will turn out really great for both sides imo.

Thanks for reading.
    That was the idea, the cosmetic items are not supposed to affect the game too much. Ridiculous effect obiously will.