Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I would pay $50 to disable cosmetic items

Basic Member

I would pay $50 to disable cosmetic items

OK so here's the thing. I'm not a fan of cosmetic items because I dislike the variation in hero design that comes from it. I'm especially not a fan of community made cosmetic items because all too often people make things that are completely bad and if the voting on cosmetics over the past week is any indicator lots of people like these bad things. And you know what, that's OK. People can want to have some mecha broodmother or whatever other dumb concepts they can come up with but I don't want to have to look at it. I also dislike the way cosmetics are effecting the looks of some heroes too much so that their silhouettes are being affected making hero identification not as reliable. This is the same problem TF2 ended up having and a reason why I stopped playing TF2.

Of course people are going to say "Well just don't buy it." Well OK I won't, in fact I will never buy any cosmetic items but that doesn't change the fact that other people are still going to buy them, or unlock them, and then use them in a game that I'm in and ultimately I'm going to have to look at them. I really would like the option to disable cosmetic items and I understand that ultimately that could cost Valve money and I don't want to do that. They've worked hard they obviously have to monetize the game and I am not against paying for it. I really would like to be able to purchase the option to disable cosmetic items. This way everyone wins. The people who buy cosmetics still can look at their cosmetics and know that the majority of other players can probably still see them, Valve gets some money from me that they otherwise would not get, and I don't have to look at everyone's dumb items.
    Last edited by TedAjax; 06-09-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Basic Member
    not gonna happen

Valve still have the last word on what gets inside; also, not all of the items that are in the schema are going to make it into the game. What I could agree with is the difference in hero designs, personally I got used to the heroes as they have been for this whole time. But, as far as the things are going, I'm not seeing any dumb items in the game.

Though I would probably be on your side - that is, unless there wasn't that Kunkka tricorne in the store.

I've been longing for it for months.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Is it too hard to use the "search" tool? This thread has been made way too many times.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedAjax View Post
    OK so here's the thing. I'm not a fan of cosmetic items because I dislike the variation in hero design that comes from it. I'm especially not a fan of community made cosmetic items because all too often people make things that are completely bad and if the voting on cosmetics over the past week is any indicator lots of people like these bad things. And you know what, that's OK. People can want to have some mecha broodmother or whatever other dumb concepts they can come up with but I don't want to have to look at it. I also dislike the way cosmetics are effecting the looks of some heroes too much so that their silhouettes are being affected making hero identification not as reliable. This is the same problem TF2 ended up having and a reason why I stopped playing TF2.

Of course people are going to say "Well just don't buy it." Well OK I won't, in fact I will never buy any cosmetic items but that doesn't change the fact that other people are still going to buy them, or unlock them, and then use them in a game that I'm in and ultimately I'm going to have to look at them. I really would like the option to disable cosmetic items and I understand that ultimately that could cost Valve money and I don't want to do that. They've worked hard they obviously have to monetize the game and I am not against paying for it. I really would like to be able to purchase the option to disable cosmetic items. This way everyone wins. The people who buy cosmetics still can look at their cosmetics and know that the majority of other players can probably still see them, Valve gets some money from me that they otherwise would not get, and I don't have to look at everyone's dumb items.
    I think only you stopped player TF2 because minor problem about cosmestic items & free to play genre...
    For now i don't have get complain like you from TF2 Pro Players because cosmestic items system never hurt competitive play...

Also for Dota 2, majority people enjoy this game and not doubtful about cosmestic items....

I hope moderators please close this thread because OP not understand about search function....
    Its very idiot to quit play dota 2/TF2 if only problem with comestic items

Basic Member
    I would pay $100 for Valve to buy keys....

Basic Member
    How about buying an item to disable cosmetics which only lasts a month at a time?
    So Valve get the same kind of continuous income steam that cosmetics themselves provide.
    This would also make it so people who REALLY don't like the cosmetics go to the trouble of it, and so those who want to show theirs off to others aren't as deincentivised.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m4rx View Post
    I would pay $100 for Valve to buy keys....
    Then buy them, you can buy keys for 30 in Dota store.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eejit View Post
    How about buying an item to disable cosmetics which only lasts a month at a time?
    So Valve get the same kind of continuous income steam that cosmetics themselves provide.
    This would also make it so people who REALLY don't like the cosmetics go to the trouble of it, and so those who want to show theirs off to others aren't as deincentivised.
    Its too useless if anyone buy cosmestic items and keys can't show to other people because have disable cosmestic items option. My largest community don't have problem with cosmestic items system and only about leavers system. So its pointless to add enable/disable cosmestic items option.

Banned
    It really hurts my gameplay experience too, but the majority of people like the odd looking cosmetic stuff. They're not gonna let you disable anything so you'll just have to get used to it.

I just wish I could see the heroes that Valve made. Not the goofy looking fan-made ones.