Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Points for co-op bot matches

You're not supposed to get stuff when you leave or AFK. That has nothing to do with it being a bot game.

Battle points are based on time so generally you'll get less battle points than in human matches. Don't see what the problem is.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur De Lis View Post
    You're not supposed to get stuff when you leave or AFK. That has nothing to do with it being a bot game.
    If you go AFK in a regular game, you'll abandon and not get any points. (or if you do get points, you'll get in the low priority pool where you can't) You can't abandon in a bot game, so you can get points for doing nothing.

Banned
    another problem arisen. i had my first co op including chaos knight. i couldn't earn any battle points unlike before.

Same here. Just finished one game with Sven and no points were given (or items). Btw we got only 1 guy who was dc.
    -Librarian last note-
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

Basic Member
    There have been discussions about players using co-op against bots in order to farm Battle Points (they go afk at the beginning of the game and let the game finnish by itself). I think it is better off to not receive any Battle Points for now until they have figured out a bullet proof idea.

Great.... This was the only way for me to get Items/EXP in the game (I don't like playing VS other players. Way too competitive for me).

Curse you AFK and all your followers!!
    -Librarian last note-
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

I once had a match with those AFK and **** them. They bought tons of courier to feed, doing nothing at home or run toward the bots to feed.

And now we have to suffer because of their crime.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

By not giving BP/Items in Bot games, your going to have horrible players in Normal Matchmaking. Then you'll start to complain when you lose because some one wanted to try a new hero, and wanted to earn BP and Items at the same time. Trust me, all I've ever earned from a bot match was a chest anyways, and I ended up buying a key and opening it up. Even though the item was crappy, it made me want to buy an Item buff so I could get better items next time. Valve made a paying customer out of me, so it shows that they did well by adding this feature, since I very rarely pay anything in free to play games.

point is. Lets keep the game fun, and keep the newer people out of regular matchmaking, let them play their bots and get their items at the same time.

its a win win for everyone. Valve, the new players, and the veteran players.

This is indeed a very bad disciosion by VALVE!

Now all unexperienced players who do not play vs people will be force to play vs real ppl and lose just to get some BP.

If battle points are only cosmetic who cares if people farm? WHO CARES?