Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110

Thread: Battle Points for co-op bot matches

  1. #21
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    121
    Who cares? I bet Valve does since people buy items for money and support their company. Why can you leave bot games over and over and get these for free while giving nothing back to the community? When they have to close the game servers down because the game isn't profitable at all, I bet you'll care too.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39
    Excellent decision. Co-op matches are for learning how to play, not farming.

  3. #23
    Basic Member Sugafree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Excellent decision. Co-op matches are for learning how to play, not farming.
    You clearly haven't been in a game with newbies who are trying out new characters in a pub game, just to earn items and BP. Since there is no "forfeit" functionality as of right now, one "new" player can ruin the game for the whole team. Don't complain when that happens, because your scared someone will look cooler than you because of some cosmetic garbage,

    Better Idea, Remove free items completely, Make everyone have to pay for items, since everyone here complains and whines anyways.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugafree View Post
    You clearly haven't been in a game with newbies who are trying out new characters in a pub game, just to earn items and BP. Since there is no "forfeit" functionality as of right now, one "new" player can ruin the game for the whole team. Don't complain when that happens, because your scared someone will look cooler than you because of some cosmetic garbage,

    Better Idea, Remove free items completely, Make everyone have to pay for items, since everyone here complains and whines anyways.
    How about making a better match making system. Why would beginners be matched with pros anyways...

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Excellent decision. Co-op matches are for learning how to play, not farming.
    True but don't forget that people won't play a mode if they knew there's another mode that can profit them i.e matchmaking since item drop rate is the same for all players. All valve need to do is to restrict item drop and bp for leavers/afkers in bot matches like in normal matchmaking. The significance of bot matches over matchmaking is that bot matches are less stressing than matchmaking.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Sugafree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyan22 View Post
    How about making a better match making system. Why would beginners be matched with pros anyways...
    Please explain to me exactly how that would work? especially with new players? how would they rank them? according to level? level doesn't mean shit, in case you haven't noticed. For example, you (a new player) gets a new account, your level one, and someone else who's level one, and is very familiar with MOBA style games, is my enemy. you really think you'd be able to stand a chance?

    let people get items in bot matches, or remove the free item functionality from the whole game.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    496
    You learn the game by starting to play against bots, not by earning Battle Points/Items. It worked excellent for people to use co-op against bots before the shop was introduced. What is the problem now? People should not care about items and simply concentrate learning the game instead.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by unkie View Post
    I know that in the announcement telling us about Battle Points it was state what kind of games will reward us with Battle Points.
    But Battle Points for co-op bot matches? It is so easy to farm some quick and fast points, gaining a high level without showing individual skill or team-play. Bots fall like flies! It is to easy, effortless actually.
    you are wrong. bots are not so easy to defeat even on easier if your allies wont show them some courageous play and feed nonsense. Also, i didn't like the fact bp are not
    given on co op matches cos what will be the difference with practicing against bots then?

  9. #29
    Basic Member Sugafree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Porre View Post
    You learn the game by starting to play against bots, not by earning Battle Points/Items. It worked excellent for people to use co-op against bots before the shop was introduced. What is the problem now? People should not care about items and simply concentrate learning the game instead.
    I agree with you 100% I enjoyed Dota 2 a lot more before there was a cash shop. I'm just saying, I've already played 2 games today, where new people are "trying" to play with new heroes. When I told them to go practice on bots, there exact response was "I won't earn items, or level up if I play bots" I hope my point has been made, this game WAS good before the cash shop, Please make the cash shop, CASH only, I don't mind, and neither will any other Dota 2 fans.

    Thanks!

  10. #30
    >People really thinking that newbies are gonna bother to learn to play vs bots when they could be earning items by playing in matchmaking.

    What the hell is wrong with you people? Playing bots for an extended amount of time, in light of this hotfix, essentially locks the player out of the item economy. Almost no one is going to willingly choose this, even the people that do need to work on their play mechanics such as last hitting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •