Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Points for co-op bot matches

Basic Member

Battle Points for co-op bot matches

I know that in the announcement telling us about Battle Points it was state what kind of games will reward us with Battle Points.
    But Battle Points for co-op bot matches? It is so easy to farm some quick and fast points, gaining a high level without showing individual skill or team-play. Bots fall like flies! It is to easy, effortless actually.

Basic Member
    Battle Points in normal MM isn't based of kills or anything as far as I know, I'm not even 100% sure if win/loss affects it.
    Additionally, are you sure you gain as much battle points from a 30m co-op match as a 30m normal match? I wouldn't at all be surprised if it only gave say half points.

Basic Member
    I could not yet measure if in how far the amount differs. My connection is to bad to play proper games. I know that the points are not based on kills/death stats. What I wanted to say: Bots are no challenge! One can just gather a five man stack and rush through games. Well actually that might be not to good; I kind of have the feeling I get the same amount of BP as minutes I played. But that would make it even easier. Prolonging games is not hard at all.

Basic Member
    I have heard that the Battle Points are based on the time of the match. If that is true, then it does not matter if it is against players or bots.

Co-Op Bot matches don't count win or losses. I have played 3-4 Co-Op Bot matches (won all of them) and i don't have even 1 win registered.

Last edited by UnrealCraft; 06-10-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    -Librarian last note-
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

Basic Member
    And? This is about Battle Points, not about your stats.

If Battle Points are really time based it would not really matter, still the rate should be lower since it is so much easier to play those games. In a normal game you get dropped for being AFK after a short while, in co-op bot games you stay in the game. Just go afk in base and wait.

Valve Developer
    You will not be able to "farm" battle points more quickly when playing against bots.

Yea, but its opportunity to abuse it. i hope bp gain is decreased in bot games. Even 50% or less than current mm games should fit for me :e
    sry for my english :c

Basic Member
    You could also make a 5 man stack and "farm" against people too. Winning or losing doesn't affect item gain. In some cases, bots are actually harder anyway. For instance, bots regularly outlane bad players with their perfect mechanics.

What needs to be changed is getting BP/items for games you left. That is bullshit.

Basic Member
    Well fact is I can go AFK in a co-op bot game and gain the battle points without ever doing anything in the entire game. If that is not an easy way of farming Battle Points I would love to know whether my definition of easy or of farming is wrong.