Thread: Button Camera Lock/unlock

Basic Member

Smile Button Camera Lock/unlock

I propose to add a button to lock and unlock the camera completely, as the game League of Legends. follow quickly the player when the camera is locked on him.

Basic Member
    It's not a very good idea to use a camera lock because your field of vision is bigger than your screen unlike in LoL
    (or at least it is in my game), but if you really want to, you could use this autoexec.cfg I made:

alias camera "atach"
    alias atach "alias camera detach; +dota_camera_follow; -dota_camera_follow; +dota_camera_follow; dota_camera_edgemove 0"
    alias detach "alias camera atach; -dota_camera_follow; dota_camera_edgemove 1"
    bind "space" "camera"

Basic Member
    Or you can just double click the picture of your hero in the bottom left corner (just remembered this, lol).
    It doesn't prevent releasing the camera when you move your cursor to the edge of the screen like
    my cfg does, tho.

Basic Member
    yes I totally understand what you mean but I think a quick lock button could be easier

thank you for your alias I'll try that right away

Hey when i play i cant move my camera with holding my mouse to the edge of the screen and it's really annoying i have to use the arrow keys so pls help