Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian pings in Dota 2 / Imapct on gameplay

Basic Member
    Supported even though, as a SEA player, I like playing with Aussies. Also, I'm curious to know how the latency compares to other games where you (are forced to) play in SEA to judge whether it really is Dota 2's netcode or just the way the Internet is wired to Australia.

Basic Member
    It's only in Dota 2.

In games like HoN and SC2, I get both lower ping and a MUCH more responsive feeling - it's not a subtle difference, that's for sure. It's definitely the netcode/source engine.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozeh View Post
    It's only in Dota 2.

In games like HoN and SC2, I get both lower ping and a MUCH more responsive feeling - it's not a subtle difference, that's for sure. It's definitely the netcode/source engine.
    Not at all for me. I don't play HoN, but with SC2 i have the same problem - terrible ping to SEA, and around 200ms to US west servers. Same thing with WoW, though ping doesn't matter as much for MMO gameplay. It's something that I'm largely used to right now, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to have some Aussie servers to get about 50ms on.

I, along with many other Australians would merely like an indication as to whether we will get servers. I realise that the game is still in beta, and so there is really no rush to get them out, but I'd just love to know whether they are coming or not.

Hi I'm an aussie player too, I remember back in DoTA 1 I'd connect to the US West Server - But now on Steam when I connect to a US West or US East Server my ping is anywhere between 250-350ms - I know currently there are no Australian or Oceanic Steam Servers for DoTA 2, so, a couple of things - Am I connecting to the relevant servers or should I use the Asian servers. Also, when I filter to only play on US West Severs the wait time can be anywhere from 2-10 minutes, whereas if I dont filter games come through in ~2 minutes but the ping again hovers around 300-400ms. Any suggestions?

These are my line details (dunno if they are going to be of any help since there arent any didicated oceanic servers):

It's a joke. My ping is now at 350ms with constant spikes every couple of minutes up to 700. Basically unplayable

Basic Member
    Even if we were allowed to host our own games in to a server browser, so people could connect through the hosts internet rather than whatever server in America...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xsolar66 View Post
    Even if we were allowed to host our own games in to a server browser, so people could connect through the hosts internet rather than whatever server in America...
    DOnt think thats possible as I believe all Dota 2 servers are dedicated, as in run and monitored by valve itself.

But still absolutely no word from valve on this issue although ive seen it brought up numerous times from aussie players.

Basic Member
    valve said they would support lan, but not yet. But seriously whats with this massive increase in ping its at 400 normally. gg...

Basic Member
    Yeah definitely been feeling upwards of 300-350 last few nights :/.

Basic Member
    Also, I was writing in the context of USW, Samin - not SEA