Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian pings in Dota 2 / Imapct on gameplay

I feel your pain, aussies. The South-African dota community is sitting with the same problem, we can't play competitive dota due to our pings either (200ms+ on eu, 300+ for US east and essentially infinity for all other servers). We had to get a temporary license from Valve to host a server for our upcoming national tournament (I'm hoping Valve decides to just keep it running, but I doubt it.) If Australia gets a server it might help us out too, i suspect the ping to Aus should be lower (assuming that there's an undersea cable from our East coast to your West coast). Also, this way we could play with English speakers which would be awesome.

+1

Basic Member
    Originally Posted by moitoius
    Valve already stated that they are aiming to have everyone < 50ms - you will just need to wait your turn. At the moment I reckon most regions are within 200ms of servers: which is completely playable.
    This was posted in another thread started 3 mnths ago when closed. i understand it's a slow process but currently my pings really exceed 200ms, don't suppose we can get any kind of progress report (if any at all).
    cheers

Basic Member
    hell 200ms'll be even playable. but no, they managed to screw over the hk/sea/usw servers somehow over the last few updates, constant 350+ ms, vsing players on <100.

thanks valve.

Basic Member
    I just don't see what the issue is. I'm sure internode or another Australian gaming ISP would even pay to host servers for this game, just for a tiny "You are playing on an Internode Server" message at load.

Basic Member
    I've noticed that my pings times to SEA have recently improved quite a lot. I use to get around 300ms, and now it's closer to 100ms. So I guess they are working on it (unless my ISP spontaneously changed something.)

Basic Member
    All we (I) want is 200ms to USW servers which you were providing 3months ago, i donít care if you donít give us Australian servers but at least try and make the game playable. It is impossible to play with 350ms+.

Also http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...313#post225313

Basic Member
    I've also noticed that my ping to USW has gotten worse -- but I'm not too worried about that. I use to play in USWest only, because it was significantly faster than SEA, and now I only play in SEA because it's significantly faster than USWest...

It makes more sense for SEA to be the fast one for Australia, since that's essentially where we are.

Basic Member
    Echoing what I said in the other thread.. after the PA patch I definitely get over 350ping every game on USW.. I used to get 240 to 280 at the absolute maximum. It's simply unplayable for me now (Sydney).

Basic Member
    Nz players get the short end of the stick too.

Yes, we need an Australian server ASAP.

We even have an Australian top-tier Dota 2 team. Why not Australian server?