Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the community getting worse?

Basic Member
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but flamers, leavers, and raging, will never hurt me.

I just had a game where two friends refused to pause saying "its not my problem" or "i have things to do fuck you". Really? I mean your taking hours out of your day to play dota, why is it so unreasonable to wait for 5 minutes. The little kids from the gimme generation are making the already venemous dota community even worse.

I cannot wait until leagues get implemented. It used to be considered bad manners to not allow pauses less than 5 minutes. But that was dota 1 scrim, and this is dota 2 pubs... what can I do.

Basic Member
    Brazilians

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAK_ATAK View Post
    IThe little kids from the gimme generation are making the already venemous dota community even worse.
    As the Heavy Weapons Guy said best, "WHO SENT THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?!"

It amuses me to no end that some people rage over a beta. I just reply, "Sorry *insert username,* I forgot we're playing at the internationals."

Basic Member
    If you play Dota 2 without RL friends, you will lose faith in humanity very, very quickly. Just saying.

The anonymity of the internet coupled with a highly competitive team based game like Dota 2 don't mix well.

Basic Member
    It certaintly seems that way OP. In less than a week I wen't from 58 losses to 78 losses all because of DC's & rage quitters.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
    You can't get worse than rock bottom, there's only space for improvement.
    I would not be so sure...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

Basic Member
    Welcome to the community

Basic Member
    yes

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    You guys need to spend time on the Diablo III forums. DotA 2's community is like heaven compared to that.
    ^This. And note that the former game is PvE/PvM, not PvP.

That said, I see people complaining about the sharp increase in number of leavers/flamers/assholes but my experience if anything has only become better. I think as you play more, the MM-ing system matches you up with players of similar number of games (i.e. a lot), which tend to be drawn from the more mature and serious part of the community. It's the newcomers who are excruciatingly intolerable.