Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the community getting worse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Is the community getting worse?

Is it just me or is the community getting worse? Three months ago, i used to enjoy the game alot. Even if i didnt win, people were giving their best, were humble and polite. I didnt always have a good team, but we all tried.

Lately, 80% of the time i come across flamers, feeders and overall really really bad players, i mean like...half past retarded. Even if the others try to ping, or give advice, help or whatever, they just keep on doing what they;re doing (feeding, antigameplay, solo-ing and FLAMING). Does that report system work at all? or is it just like in HoN? (where almost nobody was banned cause they were to greedy to let go of players. Especially if they had purchases on their accounts.

Why is this happening? is someone like giving out beta keys at the corner of the street or something? this is why all the idiots are joining in?

Or am i just imagining things?
    Last edited by Vendetta_; 06-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Basic Member
    Quit being all butthurt cause you lost a game, just hit find match and get on with your life

Basic Member
    @Geek if that's all you GOT from my post, ALL you understood, then i honestly think you're one of the people i am talking about.
    Last edited by Vendetta_; 06-13-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Quit being all butthurt cause you lost a game, just hit find match and get on with your life
    I completely disagree with u. More players like u and this game is going to hell...

Basic Member
    Obviously, as any community ever, as the number of people in it rises the number of idiots increases proportionally. They stand out because they are more vocal.

Exhibit A:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhaZZa View Post
    Obviously, as any community ever, as the number of people in it rises the number of idiots increases proportionally. They stand out because they are more vocal.

Exhibit A:

You guys need to spend time on the Diablo III forums. DotA 2's community is like heaven compared to that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    You guys need to spend time on the Diablo III forums. DotA 2's community is like heaven compared to that.
    ^This. And note that the former game is PvE/PvM, not PvP.

That said, I see people complaining about the sharp increase in number of leavers/flamers/assholes but my experience if anything has only become better. I think as you play more, the MM-ing system matches you up with players of similar number of games (i.e. a lot), which tend to be drawn from the more mature and serious part of the community. It's the newcomers who are excruciatingly intolerable.

You can't get worse than rock bottom, there's only space for improvement.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
    You can't get worse than rock bottom, there's only space for improvement.
    I would not be so sure...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

Increase in player base caused it, i believe it will be manageable when game goes live with ranks and working report system.