Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Full sets reduced in your inventory

Lightbulb Full sets reduced in your inventory

What is it?

When you have a complete set, lets say the "Swordmaster of Vigil", in your inventory, instead of all the set pieces be scattered 1 by 1, all pieces get together in one single slot, showing the sven model with the set as in the store. It will save you 3 slots in your backpack.

Why am I suggesting it?

Simple. Right now, I don't think anyone is having problems with their inventory, but soon, after you play for like 2 -3 months, you probably will have no space in your inventory. If you manage to grab a full set you will be saving a lot of inventory space with some items. And there's another detail. Right now there is not backpack expansion for sale, and there's no way to improve your backpack. Even when they create the BP expansion, it will not very good for a lot of players, since this game will hundreds and hundres of items.

What are the advantages of this?

Will make people trade more, making it easier to everyone get the sets they want.
    Valve will still selling their backpack expansion, I don't belive it will change their sales, since 2 inventory spaces, is rly nothing.

What about if I want to sell a single item of my full set?

You still can. Should have an option that let you assemble or disassemble your sets. Like a buttom on the inventory page "assemble full sets" and a button when you right click on a set "disassemble set". If you have your inventory full, or you don't have suficient slots to scatter your set items, a message will apper saying that you can't do that, and explaining why.

Last considerations:

I don't know if I'm missing something, since I don't have any full set in my inventory, so It's alrdy implemented, and since I didnt bought anything yet on the dota store(becaus I'm waiting the game gets officialy released) I don't know if like TF2, you get 4 more pages on your bp on your first buy.
    If you like this idea say something about it, if you don't, try to improve or explain why, without attacking a single point.

Not all brazilians are assholes...

Buying something from the store expands your backpack from 50 slots to 500. That's more than TF2's 50 to 300.

Humm, good to know. But the proposition still stands :S Want to hear some opinions about it

I like ur suggestion. So +1 here

that ruins the purpose of having a limited backpack, having 25 sets per page is monstruous

Think a little bit about how many sets we will have on this game. And the game have not only sets, have separated equips. Considerate how many items we will have in 3 months on this game, or maybe 6 months. I dont know, 5 sets for hero? Oh I said 5, I'm sure it will have a lot more.

Some gear looks better mixed and matched, this defeats that purpose.

You could just buy or trade for backpack expanders once they're available, too.

Its just to organize. You can still equip individual items on each hero.

Basic Member
    While it's not on the exact same subject but still about Organization, items.. really should disappear from your inventory when you equip them. I understand the point of limiting an inventory for Non-Premium Accounts so they don't do this, but they could still make items take up inventory slots but make them "Disappear" from your inventory. Thus both groups are satisfied.