Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Tooltip thread

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachberg View Post
    I don't know where else to post this but when you have upgrdaded lich ult, the ministun is applied before the effect particle even touches you. It is proc'ed right after you cast it.
    it is supposed to do that with or without scepter...It was a fix from weeks ago if i remember correctly.
    The truth about DotA and VALVe... Some VALVe employees loved to play DotA and created a team. With this team they participated in a tournament, but they lost horribly...

"We lost??? No way.... WE ARE GONNA MAKE OUR OWN GAME SO WE CAN OWN!"

Basic Member
    Does anyone else feel we can do away with or shorten the SCEPTER UPGRADEABLE: .... text on the main tooltip now?

Just saying it's Scepter Upgradeable would be enough to get people to check the Scepter description in the shop. Hero's like Puck have really lengthy, (now) unnecessary descriptions.

Valve Developer
    Thanks for the feedback. Most of these changes will make it into next week's build.

Basic Member
    Question, will now the tooltip text in the ultimates be reduced? Cause, as Kolaris pointed out, in heros like Puck you would have a huge wall of text if you have both ''Scepter Upgradeable'' numbers and the tooltip saying what scepter does on the spell.

Pugna : doesn't mention the cooldown reduction.

Venomancer : doesn't mention the cooldown reduction.
    Last edited by BonaVentura; 06-15-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Enchantress: "Increases attack range while using Impetus."

Actually it increases base attack range.

=====================

Jakiro: "Increases cast range, distance, and damage."

According to PD database, it should include all upgrades listed below.
    DPS
    Number of Flame Strikes: 6 -> 9
    Distance: 900 -> 1350
    Casting range: 850 -> 1150
    interval between each Flame Strike: 0.1 -> 0.05

Iirc the very first tooltip is correct. Don't know why the updated version left out so much information.
    Last edited by outskirts; 06-17-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Jakiro's Ultimate isn't Flamestrikes in Dota2, but rather a Line AoE with a bit of a creation delay.

The only Problem I see is with the Distance being equal to the Cast Range instead of being 50/200 less.

There isn't even a creation interval stated in the Data Files, probably an artifact of the Wc3 engine.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    Jakiro's Ultimate isn't Flamestrikes in Dota2, but rather a Line AoE with a bit of a creation delay.
    It is actually called ''flame strikes'' by the tooltip, and it specifies the number of them as well. None of it is mentioned on the scepter upgrade now. I just checked this now in the ''Learn'' tab in Dota 2, unless the devs forgot to replace the word ''Flame strike'' with something else.

Perhaps not exactly this thread, but its about agh and tooltip so..

While spectating match, it would be good for community to be able to see what aghanim does to selected hero, by choosing hero, and then in shop, hovering over agh. At the moment, heroes do have only short "upgradable", but unless they buy it, You cant know what this item does (while spectating, that is). Having easy way to remind is always better and I don't expect this being hard issue.

// edit:
    there seem to be an issue, where, while spectating, if u choose any hero with agh, all other heroes without agh tooltip is changed as they would have one. It's weird and im not sure is that the correct mechanism, but seems that way.

// edit2:
    ok, mb my brain malfunction, but I think i saw nothing expect : 'upgradable' on all heroes, then upgradable and stats. Please assume I might not be exact sure what I'm talkin about... on topic: BM ult could mention what is range without agh.
    Last edited by adrianlegg; 06-22-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: further info and eprhaps bug

Basic Member
    I missed this thread before and I guess this being here is why my thread on heropedia scepter upgrades got locked, so I'll bring it over here.
    • Brewmaster - No mention of the summoned warriors being stronger.
    • Beastmaster - Lists upgraded cooldown and cast range, but without the regular cast range it isn't clear how large an upgrade it is.
    • Clockwerk - No mention of being able to hook allies.
    • Earthshaker - No mention of effect.
    • Enchantress - It isn't clear that the bonus range is for all attacks and not just Impetus.
    • Gyrocopter - Ultimate not listed at all.
    • Jakiro - Lists upgraded damage and cast range, but without the regular cast range it isn't clear how large an upgrade it is.
    • Lina - Lists upgraded damage and cast range, but without the regular cast range it isn't clear how large an upgrade it is.
    • Night Stalker - Skill description says it's upgradable, but there is no mention of the effect.
    • Ogre Magi - Unrefined Fireblast doesn't mention that it is only available with a scepter. Multicast says upgradable with no effect listed.
    • Pudge - Lists SCEPTER STRENGTH MULTIPLIER, but doesn't explain what that means. No mention of the lifesteal.
    • Pugna - Doesn't mention the scepter upgrade removing the cooldown.
    • Razor - No mention of being able to damage structures with scepter.
    • Vengeful Spirit - No mention of being able to swap creeps with scepter.
    • Viper - Lists upgraded mana cost, cooldown and cast range, but without the regular cast range it isn't clear how large an upgrade it is.
    • Witch Doctor - No mention of death ward attacking multiple targets with scepter.
    • Windrunner - No mention of removing penalties from unique attack modifiers and item effects with scepter.
    That's all in the heropedia, I haven't checked the in-game tooltips.