Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Missing splash-attacks deal no dmg in aoe

[Fixed] Missing splash-attacks deal no dmg in aoe

Today's Fact of the Day on playdota.com
    Did you know?
    Whenever a Splash attack misses, any unit in its area of effect will be dealt damage reduced by 50%. For example: A unit evades a Red Dragon Knight's attack. If it is positioned in the middle of the aoe, it will take 50% damage, if it is positioned just barely inside the aoe, it will take 25% damage.
    But in Dota 2 missing splash-attacks deal no (0) damage to the target's surroundings

For reproduction:
    -pick any hero and get a Talisman of Evasion/Butterfly/Heaven's Halberd
    -create an enemy Dragon Knight bot and level up his Ultimate twice
    -create an ally and place him next to you
    -let Dragon Knight attack the one with Butterfly

Result:
    It is clearly visible that the missing attacks won't hurt your hero's ally

Expected:
    According to playdota's fact of the day missing splashattacks should hurt the surroundings for half the damage they would take if Dragon Knight hit.

To clarify this: Splash-Attacks (Dragon Knight's 2nd/3rd Ultimate) != Cleave (Sven, Battle Fury,...)
    Last edited by Pfanne; 06-14-2012 at 08:17 AM.

bump - still bugged in the current test client/not yet confirmed for being intended

Basic Member

Dragon knight dragon form splash bug

When you are in dragon form level 2 or 3 and miss an attack on a none moving target you deal no damage, while in dota you deal 50% of the damage.

So you take dragon knight, attack while in dragon form 2 or 3 a target which has butterfly, and you can see that when you miss, you deal no damage.

I didn't achieve to see the result on moving target (especially cause the only thing I know for moving target is that if you miss the target, the attack is supposed to land at the position the target was at the time the animation attack is done, and i dunno how many damage the target is supposed to take depending on the distance it traveled).
    Also I didn't tested yet what happen for people arround the none-moving target if the attack miss

Edit: when you miss the main target, there's no splash at all, (people standing arround don't get hit even if they havn't butterfly) countrary to dota
    Last edited by miambox; 06-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.

bump

Basic Member
    I would just add something more (since my thread got also ignored)In dota, contrary to dota 2:
    If dragon knight miss the main target, THEN the main target can suffer from the aoe too.
    So, when dragon knight miss, he is supposed to deal 50% of his damage on the main target, unless the target move to the 25% damage aoe, or unless the target move out of the aoe
    (Indeed in this replay: https://rapidshare.com/files/2148703938/LastReplay.w3g)
    we can clearly show that when the attack is missed, doom still take damage, and that when the attack is missed, the attack no longer follow the target, but reach the point where the target was.)

Merged threads, added to sticky.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    added to sticky.
    If/when this is implemented, I'm just fearing all the new bug reports "Dargon knight's drogon ferm hits thru dedge, WTF Valve, fix NAO"
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    I think this can be seen as an intended fix?
    No?
    You can just set the missed damage factor to 0% in DotA. As it is specially set to 50%, it is intended to damage and thus, this is not a fix.
    Last edited by crinckle; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

^
    Don't think so.
    Splash attacks are part of mechanics, some games could be dumb to get a BF instead of a mkb (as a gondar for example). In doTa you could cause in a clash you could still splash and hit low hp suporters only with cleave.
    Its sure intended the omni ult, but i dont think the miss is intended.

As a sven, the main target dodges "the big swing", but doesnt mean his allies should because he did, therefore doesnt seems right.

I think it could be implemented a chance for dodging splash attacks... but thats another thing.