Thread: clickable links

clickable links

I noticed you can highlight text within chat rooms having clickable links would be very useful/cool for general discussion within chat rooms this is one thing that was annoying regarding wc3 chat rooms most people being forced to either use chat bots or other programs that display text thats being messaged within a chat room or private message so they could either copy it to paste else where or to copy a link to a site.

Basic Member
    Yup, missing that too. Should of course open the link in the Steam Webbrowser. (Perhaps with this notification as well: "this site is no official steam site" etc)

You can copy paste it now, tried it yesterday and it should imo stick to that way. I think that missclicks by people could lead to an unwanted opening of a site which will be annoying.

steam overlay should stop the site from opening by accident by notifying you that you have requested to open a link thus not exiting you from the game by accident.

Core Tester
    As long as you cant accidentally open a browser, so annoying in wc3 when you accidentally click an add and get tabbed

one thing I think they might want to consider is people might post links to malicious sites that steal your password and the URL could be disguised with something like tiny URL. Not sure how to prevent that, but its something to think about.

People already do that in other valve games and through the steam chat system the best option for such a thing is to allow Steam to have access to what ever Internet Security program you have installed (in my case Kaspersky Internet security) and use its built in "Safe browse" tool for viewing all websites with a malicious looking url or force all websites loaded through the steam web browser to be remotely checked by valves/steams servers before its sent to you to block any chances of accidental virus intrusion or stolen information.
    Last edited by DBX_5; 09-16-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ResQ View Post
    Yup, missing that too. Should of course open the link in the Steam Webbrowser. (Perhaps with this notification as well: "this site is no official steam site" etc)
    This Would be awesome to get.