Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: main menu lagging after first game

Basic Member
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=49178 Here's my thread, same problem with two of three pcs I have.

Basic Member
    I also am having this problem. If someone has successfully solved the issue, can you post a guide for us not as familiar with the Steam console? Thanks.

Basic Member
    Hi there Crocketts. The solution has already been posted before in this topic. I have tested this and for me it works like a charm;

Delete the dota_embers.usm file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 test\dota\resource\flash3
    EVGA Z68 SLI - EVGA GTX 770 - i5 2500K @ 4Ghz - 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 CL8 - 250Gb OCZ Vertex 3

Basic Member
    Same problem.. its like its stacking up... if you play 10 games, dashboard is like.. 1 frame pr. second. but when game starts its fine.

If you tab to windows, your computer is suffering from this aswell!... when dota2 is restarted, everything is fine!

Glad to know im not alone!

Fix this please :P

You can increase the performance by typing "dota_embers 0" in your console (preferably when you first start the game). This will disable the animated particles that appear in the background after the first game. It worked for me.
    One world is much like another

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNicola View Post
    Hi there Crocketts. The solution has already been posted before in this topic. I have tested this and for me it works like a charm;

Delete the dota_embers.usm file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 test\dota\resource\flash3
    Thanks!!!

Basic Member
    sorry for bumping this, but the removing embers fix doesnt work anymore because the new background, anybody knows how to disable the blue smoke on the background?
    thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatitus View Post
    sorry for bumping this, but the removing embers fix doesnt work anymore because the new background, anybody knows how to disable the blue smoke on the background?
    thanks
    same problem! with this new background, i got high fps again after the first game

Basic Member
    Had to look for it, but I found it.. Delete the dota2_ti2012_dashboardbg.usm file from the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\resource\flash3\videos\tournaments

Background is not as nice now but at least its not moving and causing FPS drops after the first game
    EVGA Z68 SLI - EVGA GTX 770 - i5 2500K @ 4Ghz - 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 CL8 - 250Gb OCZ Vertex 3

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNicola View Post
    Had to look for it, but I found it.. Delete the dota2_ti2012_dashboardbg.usm file from the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\resource\flash3\videos\tournaments

Background is not as nice now but at least its not moving and causing FPS drops after the first game
    ty so much!!