Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: main menu lagging after first game

Basic Member
    To me this happened but not only after the first game, it also happened after a few seconds on the normal game. Turns out it was caused by using the command line parameter -heapsize 2048 to allocate more memory to dota 2. Removing the parameter resolved it.

Basic Member
    I'm still getting lag after the first game on the game menu section. The console doesn't seem to work, even if I change the hotkey, nothing happens. All of the files listed to be deleted do not exist. I've just tried deleting all game content from steam and deleting the folder in the steam directory and reinstalling which did not fix it. Using an OSD app I notice 100% or close too in GPU usage also during this lag process. I'm running a GTX 670. normal gaming takes < 50% GPU usage. The lag is only experienced outside of a match.

Basic Member
    Same thing is happening to me with GTX 670. None if the files suggested to delete are there.

Basic Member
    same with a 650 M. It's extremely annoying ...

Basic Member
    +dota_embers 0

In the launch options. That works after the first game. But the animation will appear each time you launch the game.

The best should be to check or uncheck the animation display in the setting menu ...

Basic Member
    I upgraded my GPU from a nGTX470 to a nGTX670. I now have this issue. I did not have it with the 470.

Quote Originally Posted by spung3 View Post
    I upgraded my GPU from a nGTX470 to a nGTX670. I now have this issue. I did not have it with the 470.
    Look like GTX6xx have some problems with Dota ... Upgraded from GTX460 to GTX 660 ... lags are only present in main menu after 1st game
    Annoying...

Please excuse mistakes in my english, it's not my first language.

Basic Member
    I have exactly the same problem, i need restart the game after few games, more games = more lag on main menu...

Windows 8 x64
    Geforce GTX 660 Ti
    i7 950
    10GB Ram
    1920 x 1200, tried full screen and bordless window...
    My announcement with what is needed to complete the merge of all Powers Multiplier in one: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...5446320431989/

I've had the same problem for months.
    The pesky thing is that this affects everything outside of DotA 2 as well.
    I can't just happily browse the web after one or two games of DotA, while still searching for a match.

The peculiar thing is that the lag disappears the moment I load or start spectating a game.

Any chance it could be related to the following?
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=75600

Basic Member
    I have had the same issue for a good while now as well.
    Though i am running dual GTX 460s in SLI. So it doesn't seem to be limited to just the 6XX series of cards.

If this is only occurring on systems that have Nvidia cards in them, that makes me wonder if its driver related as Nvidia runs the same driver across all their GeForce series cards. The symptoms still make me think that this has something to do with Dota itself, maybe they are having issues working with the Nvidia drivers.

Anyone here using or have heard of someone using a non-Nvidia graphics card who is still encountering this issue?