Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: main menu lagging after first game

Basic Member

Question main menu lagging after first game

When you first start everything works 100%, after the first game slows down with sparks background, the mouse works fine but the effects affected the mouse slows down and the background like I have a old PC. PC performance is good.

Basic Member
    same here.. i have a good pc after i play a game the dashboard lagging.. the new hero picker so laggy too

have a same problem. good PC, but i have 350W power supply unit. when i buy 550W its problem just disappear. so check yours power supply unit.

Basic Member
    have 750 w and laggy

Basic Member
    I can confirm this bug. Same problem here.

I highly doubt the PSU would have anything to do with lag. That shouldn't affect performance unless you had devices in your build that were not receiving enough power (you would have had other problems too)

Exact same problem here... and since if i close and re-open the game the problem disappears (till i finish another game) i doubt it can be an hardware issue....

Basic Member
    Jup, same problem here. Its definitely not a hardware issue since multiple people are experiencing this. I am running on a i5 2500k @ 4ghz, GTX670, 750W Corsair PSU. I always have EVGA Precision running and what I can tell is that the Boost Clock increases drastically when entering the main menu after the first game and the FPS is dropping to ~10-15, just like the GPU is thinking it needs a lot of power to be able to display the menu. Whilst of course this is not the case since it works normally BEFORE the first game. Ingame there's no issues whatsoever, everything maxed out @ 1080p.

Quick question, you guys running on GTX 600 series? Maybe the problem is related to Kepler chips/new boost clock functionality? Just to cross this out or confirm it
    Last edited by DeNicola; 07-10-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Basic Member
    It seems to me like the particle effects on the dashboard are causing this. When I start up the game the particle effects don't appear, but after finishing my first game they do and everything starts slowing down from that point onwards. If it's not possible to fix the lag any time soon can we at least get an option to permanently turn of the particle effects? I don't really find them necessary and would like to disable the particles.

Basic Member
    There's already a thread about this issue - it's because there's something wrong with the yellow/orange particle that appears after the first game - you have to put dota_embers 0 in the console or delete the dota_embers.usm file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 test\dota\resource\flash3

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uzikus View Post
    There's already a thread about this issue - it's because there's something wrong with the yellow/orange particle that appears after the first game - you have to put dota_embers 0 in the console or delete the dota_embers.usm file from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 test\dota\resource\flash3
    can you give us a link for the solution thread for this kind of problem, i have been searching on the forums but didnt find any