Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but the Grid View still sucks.

Basic Member
    Great suggestion here, actually. o.O +1!

Basic Member
    I agree with this thread. Why do we have simple,clear avatars for heroes if we are not going to use them anywhere? Hero picking screen is the most logical place for these since that's when we need simple portraits that we will just use to identify and quickly pick heroes. I don't need a 3D animated portrait of every hero on a screen that i will only be seeing for a couple of minutes.

Banned
    I agree with the portrait brightness.

BTW the poll was for the grid view before the update. So no, that result doesn't represent the opinions of the general population for the new grid view.

Basic Member
    +1 icons are very dark

Basic Member
    +1 for brigther icons

Basic Member
    Everything here is so true. I want the old portraits back, the old grid system. The new picker just isn't working, and is a step backwards from the old one.

You are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Does it in any way change the original gameplay? No. Then why the fuck do you cry so much? What kind of DotA players are you if you can't adapt to circumstances you've been exposed to? "I can't find my heroes no more ;(" You can bloody type the heroes name and it will pop up right before your EYES. Furthermore - you can arrange those cards in any way you want yourself. The portraits are too dark, I can agree with that, but everything else is just whining out of pure laziness.

And btw, 2k people = majority? Bitch please. Everyday DotA2 has 40k people online on average at any given moment. It means that there are a couple of hundred thousand people playing DotA2 everyday. There is no need for them to look for threads, whine or even start their own threads about stuff they do like or feel indifferent about. The "haters" will always be more vocal. You don't go making a thread about Dazzles Grave skill, because you feel indifferent about it. (it does not function the same way it used to in DotA1 and some people believe Dazzle has been nerfed because of that.)

Stop complaining about irrelevant things, when there is a lot more problems with the gameplay itself.

Basic Member
    I disagree with you sir. The hero picker is important; so important that in CM mode Valve didn't change it yet (speaks a lot actually). It's a beta, things are meant to be changed, the hero picker is one of them.

Basic Member
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Shibubu, I'll respond to your post.
    You are just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    The goal of betas is to gather feedback and identify bugs or problems etc. that would hinder gameplay and/or result in a negative user experience. This is simply my feedback. I'm not crying about it. I'm voicing what I believe is a legitimate concern.

"I can't find my heroes no more ;(" You can bloody type the heroes name and it will pop up right before your EYES.
    You know the search function was in the old hero picker too right? Do you want to know why nobody ever talked about it? You didn't need to search for any hero because every single hero could be found and identified in literally one second.

Furthermore - you can arrange those cards in any way you want yourself.
    I still can't make it as organized as it was before because the aspect ratios of the portraits are not the same.

Everyday DotA2 has 40k people online on average at any given moment. It means that there are a couple of hundred thousand people playing DotA2 everyday.
    Awesome numbers. Go into any chat channel in-game and ask everyone which picker they prefer: the classic one or the new one. Tally up all the answers you get from every channel (remember, the more people you ask, the better) and you will have a majority that prefer the old picker. You probably don't believe me so go try it yourself and see if you get a different result. It'll be a magical revelation into the world of statistics.

There is no need for them to look for threads, whine or even start their own threads about stuff they do like or feel indifferent about.
    Because they are quite sure that enough people are making threads like this one on the forums already.

Stop complaining about irrelevant things, when there is a lot more problems with the gameplay itself.
    First, the picker is very relevant, especially when CM mode still uses the old grid.

Second, I'm curious to know what problems there are with the gameplay in Dota 2 (other than Dazzle's Grave which you mentioned).
    Oh wait, I'll answer this with your own words: "Does it in any way change the original gameplay? No."
    IceFrog and Valve are making Dota 2 to be pretty much the exact same thing as DotA. Any changes between the two are from IceFrog and are probably to make the game more balanced.
    I can't think of any major difference in the gameplay, let alone a major problem, between DotA and Dota 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon;250674
    Before you pick, it would look something like this:
    [ATTACH
    7433[/ATTACH]

And after you pick, you could customize your hero:
    Attachment 7434

Giving us the option to switch to a hero picker like this would solve all the problems. No picker would be forced on anyone. You can choose what picker you want to use.

Thank you for reading this.

--Harpoon->
    Some guy with a fullHD screen makes those plans. People are playing this game at 1366 x 768 or even lower. 1366 x 768 seems to be Valve's baseline resolution. I do have a 1920 x 1080 screen myself, but a laptop on a "regular" HD screen as well.

With those things shrinked into the size of a megapixel rather than two, text gets hard to read and is probably too small.

I do agree that the new icons suck and the current one kind of sucks as well. It's not truly customizable, grabbing and holding around the icons just doesn't quite cut it. Give the icons before shifting it all into pokemon cards, and then have the ladies who want to dress up do it after confirming their pick.

Well quoting sucked, but rather referred to the first link.