Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Layout Editor

Basic Member
    Great idea, but I will use it when become more user friendly. Anyway gj!

Quick update: Although I am currently working on a bigger update for the editor I just added Rubick to the tool.

You can reload your old saved layouts with their link and just add Rubick to them, then save your new link.

Enjoy!

Hey, nice work but I got a suggestion:

I would like to have an "Import" option. So I dont have do rebuild my current ingame Hero Picker. I would like to edit it with your tool but I put too much effort in it and don't wanna rebuild it in your tool. It should be possible to upload the layout files.

Basic Member
    Great ideia.

If it was not necessary to reload the page each time you click a hero would be much better.

If you could make this support resolution aside from that single one that would be nice (running 1440x900 and this thing really doesn't play nice with my resolution).

My only suggestion (aside from the ones you already plan to do) would be to sort heroes alphabetically in right column.

Answer to all your suggestions:

Import function:
    This is quite hard to realize. The ingame pick screen allows you to place the heroes exact by a single pixel. My tool snaps the heroes to its predefined grid. It will be hard for the tool to determine which position from an ingame edited layout can be translated to which position in my tool.

More resolutions:
    This is definitely the very next feature that must be implemented. I know that the restriction to 1920x1080 is a pain for many users (well, all with another resolution).

Sort alphabetical:
    The heroes will definitely get sorted. I plan to place the heroes at the bottom under the pick screen inside a table. You can then choose how the rows/columns shall be sorted. Possible options are: Attack range, role (carry, ganker...), primary attribute. Also, with this you will be able to see all heroes at once.

EDIT:

I was just tinkering around with all the possible resolutions ingame and found that the tool works right now not only for 1920x1080 resolution, but for all resolutions with 16:9 aspect ratio. This means that I do not need to implement all possible resolutions, but rather only all possible aspect ratios which are only 3 in total.
    Well, Valve thinks there only 3 aspect ratios and they added 1280x1024 to the 4:3 list, although 1280x1024 is 5:4 aspect ratio. Maybe I will stick to that and take 1280x1024 as 4:3 too, to minimize confusion with all these numbers...

In other words: The tool just got a feature update without doing anything :-D
    Last edited by Yan Nic; 06-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Basic Member
    Is there anyway to find out what the link is to my hero picker? I saved the file but I do not have the URL saved that corresponds to it.

I think if oyu didn't save it its gone =(

But this reminds me on a good suggestion.
    The Export Funktion should post the URL at the end of the exported file (without taking any effect for Dota). Do oyu understand what I mean? I think this should be possible.

I thought to do one for my self, I don't need to do it anymore