Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Exclude Friends on the Friends List if they don't own DOTA2

+1

Basic Member
    I like the concept, definitely need something like this. T-up (Feel free to use this concept, it really isn't mine, its just something from what you've come up with)

Here's my rendition of it:
    Pretend below is my friends list.

------------------
    Playing Dota 2
    -Bob
    -John
    -Syn
    Dota 2 Friends
    -Sam
    -Reutan
    -Andrex
    -Plasma
    -ZeroKontrol
    -Jobs
    -Steve
    -6C
    ------------------

Basically, this prioritizes people who have played the game and further prioritize people who are playing right now. Notice there is only one section for offline to avoid clutter. Similar to the steam UI, each section is collapsible and will save to the setting for players. The second section for friends that own dota 2 (and online) but not in-game right now could have another name, but once again it should be concise and short. Less is more is the idea.

Another idea is to have an option to exclude specific groups of people from your friend list. Specifically an option to remove the "Online" or "Offline" section from your friend list. Options are another thing I would really like to see in Dota 2. Allow each player to access and play the game in the way they want. Don't pigeon hole everyone.
    Last edited by Evil Andrex; 10-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Andrex View Post
    I like the concept, definitely need something like this. (Feel free to use this concept, it really isn't mine, its just something from what you've come up with)

Here's my rendition of it:
    Pretend below is my friends list.

------------------
    Playing Dota 2
    -Bob
    -John
    -Syn
    Dota 2 Friends
    -Sam
    -Reutan
    -Andrex
    -Plasma
    -ZeroKontrol
    -Jobs
    -Steve
    -6C
    ------------------

Basically, this prioritizes people who have played the game and further prioritize people who are playing right now. Notice there is only one section for offline to avoid clutter. Similar to the steam UI, each section is collapsible and will save to the setting for players. The second section for friends that own dota 2 (and online) but not in-game right now could have another name, but once again it should be concise and short. Less is more is the idea.
    In my opinion, an issue is still there. People who don't own DOTA2 will still be visible, that's why I had the idea to remove them completely from the in-game friends list.

Again, they're only a shift-tab away if you want to talk to them (friends that aren't playing DOTA2).

Basic Member
    Each section is collapsible. Also - "Another idea is to have an option to exclude specific groups of people from your friend list. Specifically an option to remove the "Online" or "Offline" section from your friend list. Options are another thing I would really like to see in Dota 2. Allow each player to access and play the game in the way they want. Don't pigeon hole everyone. "

Basic Member
    +1 for removing friends wo dota2, you can talk to others via steam overlay anytime.

I support OPs idea. No use in having non-Dota2-owning friends in an ingame list. If I want to see all my friends, I'll use shift+tab an open the overlay.

Basic Member
    +1.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Bump.

Looking for more support or criticism.

Basic Member
    I support any solution like this. +1
    <: ()