Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Font size: Why so small?

Basic Member

Font size: Why so small?

This is how I play:

Open up the images full screen and tell me:
    Can you read the text?

In WC3 we had not this problem, what happened?

Basic Member
    Not only is text very small, it is not even crisp and clear in 1366x786. Valve games always have ugly Menus. But in a strategy game, UI and text is crucial and with so much development time already spent, they are going nowhere with the MENU. Not everyone has 1980x1024 screens you know. I think they should learn from the Blizzard how to make a menu for a strategy game.

I hope they will fix it soon as it is unplayable at the moment seeing how stupid menus and text are.

The most crucial part is to get level of a moving enemy hero by hovering the mouse upon his body. Almost impossible to get it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faraany3k View Post
    Not only is text very small, it is not even crisp and clear in 1366x786. Valve games always have ugly Menus. But in a strategy game, UI and text is crucial and with so much development time already spent, they are going nowhere with the MENU. Not everyone has 1980x1024 screens you know. I think they should learn from the Blizzard how to make a menu for a strategy game.

I hope they will fix it soon as it is unplayable at the moment seeing how stupid menus and text are.
    The font of the CS:S/HL2:DM menus are crisp, of a decent size and very much readable. What is wrong with the Dota 2 font?

Basic Member
    +N to item build

I noticed this and its so funny!

Basic Member
    This font issue really needs to be fixed before release.

Basic Member
    It's so annoying This needs to be fixed

Basic Member
    Does this only occur on resolutions below 1920x1080? I don't seem to have an issue with it at that res. It would be nice if they would allow multiple font sizes at all resolutions as an accessibly option I think.

I use 1366x768 and everything is so freaking hard to read... Seiously,Valve, do something about it.

Basic Member
    ...or you could buy a more recent screen. 768px height? I had that more than 10 years ago