Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: removing BF from BH's core items list

Basic Member

removing BF from BH's core items list

Really, Battle Fury should be removed from the list of Bounty Hunter's core items. BF is a good item for melee hard carries as it improves their farming capabilities. However, BH is a different story. He is a ganker, a roamer (btw why there's no "roamer" role for him). I think the core items for BH should be Phase, Wand, Drum and BKB.
    By mentioning BF as a core item you encourage a lot of people to play BH is a wrong way. I've seen a lot of BHs who get BF as their first item and usually they don't end up well even if they have a solid kill streak in the beginning. I asked one of those BHs to get drums and questioned him why he had bought this BF. He answered that he had done it because he lacked experience as BH and BF was stated as a core item. Well, this answer made me create this thread

Basic Member
    lol k

I sort of agree, i think it's a crappy item on him. There actually a few heroes where the core items don't make perfect sense. For instance, I don't think that Nyx can be considered a "right-click" hero. He's really more of a specialized agi caster hero. Yet the recommended items would have you buying carry dps items on him... One could argue over this quite heavily though, so like, whatever
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

Basic Member
    Agreed. i always get annoyed when people rush BF on BH then proceed to farm creeps for the next 30 minutes instead of trying to roam and gank heroes.

Basic Member
    well..I agree, but you can edit the recommended items

I play BH a lot and I don't get BF on him very often and I don't see people getting BF on BH often either. I think OP has a valid point.

Basic Member
    They should AT LEAST create the roamer/ganker role. BH pudge etc are defined by it.
    If you don't have an intelligent reply for me, don't bother I will shred your non sense to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by sss View Post
    Really, Battle Fury should be removed from the list of Bounty Hunter's core items. BF is a good item for melee hard carries as it improves their farming capabilities. However, BH is a different story. He is a ganker, a roamer (btw why there's no "roamer" role for him). I think the core items for BH should be Phase, Wand, Drum and BKB.
    By mentioning BF as a core item you encourage a lot of people to play BH is a wrong way. I've seen a lot of BHs who get BF as their first item and usually they don't end up well even if they have a solid kill streak in the beginning. I asked one of those BHs to get drums and questioned him why he had bought this BF. He answered that he had done it because he lacked experience as BH and BF was stated as a core item. Well, this answer made me create this thread
    I beg to differ:
    Whilst BH does have two nukes, that alone is not enough to kill a hero (especially early-mid game), and he has to heavily rely on team mates to secure kills; any mildly experienced team will back off or nuke you down after your initial backstab. That is why I think the boost you get from bf is very useful if you pick it up early game.
    Perseverance is fairly easy to pick up and allows you to stay in lane/harass a bit better. With the aid of Track you can raise the gold to buy bf, and once you do it greatly boosts your farming capabilities, gives a decent amount of damage, and the pure cleave damage has great sinergy with jinada. Usually, once you finish bf you can farm off other items like desolator really fast.

Of course, this comes down to preference, which is where the build editor comes in.
    One world is much like another

valve not looking at each hero and then adding the items. they are just recommended for nwbs. do you think a nwb with phase drums and deso gona survive the game? bf gives nice dmg+some farm+ nice regen. if you dont like it just edit it. i think bf is a great item for a starter.

Basic Member
    While BF gives good regen and cleave in addition to damage, you can solve your mana problems with a bottle or maybe urn. Magic stick is also always useful. The cleave on BF is wasted if you are not farming, and the way I see it, farming isn't needed at all if you are constantly roaming around ganking with your allies. Track gives you and your allies bonus gold - the more allies around, the more gold gained from a single kill. Having BF in the recommended items encourages farming instead of ganking on BH, which is sub-optimal because of how useful the vision and bonus gold on track is. For damage, Desolator can be picked up for that -armor debuff as well.