Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Return the "Item Effects" on item combining

Return the "Item Effects" on item combining

When you successfully combine an item in dota2, it will just play some sound similar to what you hear in Half-Life. This sound even gets played when the courier delivers items, which can be sometimes confusing.

Only one sound, and no visual effect. Plain and boring right?
    Dota2 needs to return that special effect heroes get every time they successfully combine an item.

I'm talking about this:

Currently, combining items seems boring and not a big deal. (You created a Heart of Tarrasque, then you just hear that generic sound again).

That's why I suggest that every time an item recipe has been successfully crafted, a unique effect shall be played on the hero, just like in dota1. It can be different for each item, or it can even vary depending on the item's strength, or a different effect for every item type, or even just one simple effect for all items.
    Bottom line is, there MUST be a visual effect when an item is created.

A sound played is not enough to show how powerful the item you crafted is, in dota1, just seeing that visual effect play in you makes you satisfied enough to know that you combined an item you farmed hard for.

Thanks for reading, and please give me your feedback on what you think of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by radioactivfishy; 06-19-2012 at 05:21 AM.

I like your idea. I can imagine full moon picture appearing above heroe's head with 2 crossed blades when combining Sange and Yasha
    ("Sange and Yasha, when attuned by the moonlight and used together, become a very powerful combination." SaY flavor text)
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Srsly how do you even bother caring about a shitty little thing like that when u got russians ruining games all the fucking time? Wow sometimes I wonder if you're 45 and care-free-childless or 12 and " I want effects bcZ itz kewl "

wut
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Quote Originally Posted by VojvodaMilos View Post
    Srsly how do you even bother caring about a shitty little thing like that when u got russians ruining games all the fucking time? Wow sometimes I wonder if you're 45 and care-free-childless or 12 and " I want effects bcZ itz kewl "
    You do realize that the "russian" issue has been debated alot of times while this has not right? Duh..

With that mindset of yours, I wonder whose the care-free childless 45 year old.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radioactivfishy View Post
    You do realize that the "russian" issue has been debated alot of times while this has not right? Duh..

With that mindset of yours, I wonder whose the care-free childless 45 year old.
    And besides, it's an ad hominem. I've been teaching college classes for five years now on my way to my PhD and I'm just tickled to death at people who call me kid or retard or whatever. I've got more credentials by myself than most players in my games combined, yet I'm the dumb one?

Oh and I've played DotA since 2003.

So don't worry too much about people who rely on insulting the person rather than the argument. I think the combining items effect is indeed a missed visual effect. That sound effect when you get an item off your crow or whatever is lame compared to DotA 1.

Basic Member
    Forgot to +1

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Definitely something I've missed, +1

1+