Thread: Couriers should be renamable and their name should be visible when purchased

Couriers should be renamable and their name should be visible when purchased

The title says it all, someone gifted me a courier and a name tag, unfortunately I am not able to use said name tag on the courier I received, which is really too bad. It would be really great if couriers were renamable and if their names would show up when being purchased ("X has purchased a courier ([Name])"). It is a gimmick, but it would be fun and even pose an incentive for people to purchase name tags along with a courier.

Related image.
    Last edited by ultio; 06-19-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Basic Member
    This is kind of an awesome idea.

"NOOO, DAMN IT TEAL, HOW COULD YOU LET SGT. FLUFFLES DIE?"
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Quote Originally Posted by ultio View Post
    The title says it all, someone gifted me a courier and a name tag, unfortunately I am not able to use said name tag on the courier I received, which is really too bad. It would be really great if couriers were renamable and if their names would show up when being purchased ("X has purchased a courier ([Name])"). It is a gimmick, but it would be fun and even pose an incentive for people to purchase name tags along with a courier.

Related image.
    I totally agree. Why would someone rename a sword or a hat? It doesn't make much sense. However, renaming a courier would be pretty awesome.

Moved by request to Customization Suggestions.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    Old thread, but I'd rather bring up this one than make a new suggestion thread.

I don't know about the message when you buy a courier changing (though that would be cool), but what about the name when you click on the courier? It just says 'courier' in big letters above the portrait, and I see no reason why that can't be changed with a nametag.

It seems to me that out of all the items, couriers are the only ones worth buying a nametag for. I certainly would if they become nameable.

Basic Member
    I thought there was a Reset option for named items?

Basic Member
    +1

Just got a name tag to use on my tegu, was going to call him 'birthday tegu' since it was a birthday gift.