Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Hon/DotA-Names for search

It's an option but the reason HoN had to implement it was because everyone used DotA names for items... and noobs had no idea what "bkb" was
    For instance in a random pub I'd tell someone to get vanguard and they'd be like "wut" so S2 felt they needed to add that option... if the issue arises in dota it isn't a very difficult change so they can implement it quickly.

Zpredator is right

Yeah, I'd have to vote NO as well
    The majority of the names hon used in place are unable to be abbreviated into something defined so having both doesnt help anyone

nobecauseno.jpg

There's already the recommended item list, which IMHO is too much "free" information as is. The learning curve should be as steep as a brick wall, that's the friggen point.

No, you have these wiki-hon sites for that.
    Last edited by ZabatieL; 10-31-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Wow, you people are just so backwards. It's a change that doesn't affect most of you at all but will help everyone that started off with HoN transition into Dota 2. It's like you people don't want a bigger community.

T-up OP. It's something incredibly easy to implement, doesn't change anything for most players and tremendously helps players that started off with HoN.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgorandom View Post
    nobecauseno.jpg

There's already the recommended item list, which IMHO is too much "free" information as is. The learning curve should be as steep as a brick wall, that's the friggen point.
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Wow, you people are just so backwards. It's a change that doesn't affect most of you at all but will help everyone that started off with HoN transition into Dota 2. It's like you people don't want a bigger community.

T-up OP. It's something incredibly easy to implement, doesn't change anything for most players and tremendously helps players that started off with HoN.
    Except you're forgetting how small the amount of people coming from HoN that didn't play DotA are...
    The bigger concern should be people coming from LoL, or from never having played any of them, in which case having two item names listed will not help them. And I can GUARANTEE the number of people coming from LoL and nothing at all will be higher than HoN.

Plus, there's no reason for a company, in intelligent business, to reference another game.
    S2's poor business decisions do not need to be repeated.
    Last edited by ShadowsCrush; 10-31-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Basic Member
    You guys really have problems. I've been playing DotA since ~6.1X and I of course know all items. But things like Buriza, Sobimask etc. are renamed. I want to be able to search black king bar, bkb and Shrunkens. It will help everybody and specially ppl joining from HoN. There are a lot of them who have never played DotA. Why would you want to make it hard for them? DotA right now is hard to learn and hard to master. You should at least make it easier for the noobs.

@that guy talking about recommended items: 90% of the builds is pure bullshit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post
    Except you're forgetting how small the amount of people coming from HoN that didn't play DotA are...
    The bigger concern should be people coming from LoL, or from never having played any of them, in which case having two item names listed will not help them. And I can GUARANTEE the number of people coming from LoL and nothing at all will be higher than HoN.

Plus, there's no reason for a company, in intelligent business, to reference another game.
    S2's poor business decisions do not need to be repeated.
    You completely missed the point. It will completely not affect you, the Dota players, nor the lol players. And it is very easy to implement.