Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Hon/DotA-Names for search

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
    There are a lot of them who have never played DotA. Why would you want to make it hard for them? DotA right now is hard to learn and hard to master. You should at least make it easier for the noobs.
    Again, how does having multiple item names make it easier for these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Nafti View Post
    You completely missed the point. It will completely not affect you, the Dota players, nor the lol players. And it is very easy to implement.
    Sure it will, just like some people call heroes by their name and some by their classification, two separate names for items will lead to the same thing. And considering the number of brand new, or LoL brand players being several magnitudes greater than that of HoN, it's much to the advantage and simplicity of the game to only have one name.
    Last edited by ShadowsCrush; 10-31-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post
    Items will not have multiple names labeled anywhere on them, only the players who knowthe names will know, no one else will.

If you don't understand what the topic is about, then don't comment but ask first.
    Last edited by Nafti; 10-31-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nafti View Post
    Items will not have multiple names labeled anywhere on them, only the players who know the names willknow, no one else will.
    If it's purely by search I have no problems with it.
    The HoN mod people referenced however changed item text, and even the item pictures at one point.
    Example 1
    Example 2

That's what I'm worried about this turning into, and doing my part to make sure it doesn't XD
    Last edited by ShadowsCrush; 10-31-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post

Sure it will, just like some people call heroes by their name and some by their classification, two separate names for items will lead to the same thing. And considering the number of brand new, or LoL brand players being several magnitudes greater than that of HoN, it's much to the advantage and simplicity of the game to only have one name.
    LoL won't have searchable item names because they don't have equivalent items. HoN does have equivalent items and allowing players to search by the HoN name would be an important feature to put in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by knowitall View Post
    LoL won't have searchable item names because they don't have equivalent items. HoN does have equivalent items and allowing players to search by the HoN name would be an important feature to put in the game.
    I think you misread everything I wrote XD
    Nowhere in there did I say anything other than grouping LoL with people who've never played not needing to see two items names (dota and hons) because I am trying to prevent the advent of people mentioning the hon inclusion of the hon names ON the item.

We're on the same side XD
    Last edited by ShadowsCrush; 10-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Basic Member
    I really dont know if my suggestion was so hard to understand: The items will have only one name, but they have several searchtags. HoN-Items only have one name as well, but if you search for ghoststaff, you will find some faggy-item which exactly is what you wanted, eventhough you dont know the name. I don't see why that would be bad at all. Would be a shame if not included.

Basic Member
    T-down

Translator
    Let me just iterate this again: What names S2 gave to the items they copied off of DotA is completely irrelevant. Dota is the original content, HoN is a blatant copy. So name their items anything they may, Dota won't be affected by it. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by ggPeti View Post
    Let me just iterate this again: What names S2 gave to the items they copied off of DotA is completely irrelevant. Dota is the original content, HoN is a blatant copy. So name their items anything they may, Dota won't be affected by it. End of story.
    ^this

I suggest OP get use to Dota item/skill/hero names.
    If this gets implemented, then some LoL players will come and suggest, "Let's include LoL-item names into search as well, since HoN got implemented." and the cycle continues.
    T-Down.