Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo

[SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo

Replace the sell back as full price (within "Sell") with a new function, called "Undo".

Undo will have a dedicated button within the shop/inventory interface (or possibly right click functionality?). The Undo button is only available for 10 seconds after an item has been gained or lost from the inventory. Then it will grey out.

This means that if you accidentally sell an item you can click Undo and the item will return to the inventory.

An item recently purchased can be returned for full price once you press Undo.

This means that if you accidentally buy something that auto-completes into an item you can Undo without losing gold. Item goes back to components the item just bought is sold (for full price). Example: If your item auto completes (say I have a staff of wizardry in my inventory (for a while) and I'm about to buy Euls scepter but accidently buy Force staff), Undo would let me revert the change without losing Gold. Sell woul not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunalan View Post
    +1 BUT undo should not be available while dead because:

Sell item > die before 10 seconds > undo

You would be able to recover the money you lost from dying...
    >Yes absolutely UNLESS it has been bought while dead.

For a UI feature you should be able to mouseover the undo button and see the item (changed, sold, bought)

pros;
    1. Two isolated distinctive functions. (Sell and Undo)
    2. Clear for new players.
    3. After the 10 seconds the button 'greys out' so it would not be possible to accidentally miss the sell back grace and exchange the item for only half of its worth.
    Last edited by Zpredator; 06-20-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

Highly disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Highly disagree
    Ok. Why?
    [Tweak] Chen - Holy Persuasion | [SUGGESTION] Inventory Undo | [SUGGESTION] Select All Units | [Suggestion] Show Shopkeepers portrait over hero potrait when at the Shop. | [Store] Sell different teleport animations $$$

Basic Member
    Agree. T-up

While you're at it, make the hotkey to be Ctrl+Z.

I dislike this, people should really pay more attention to what they are doing. Being able to re-sell for the full price is good enough, an option to un-sell is way too much.
    good day, sir.

Basic Member
    oh god here we go again. another suggestiont hat makes total sense that will be instantly hated because it somehow makes things easier

the idea sounds good but what stops someone from abusing that extra gold they normally wouldn't have to buy other items instead of re-buying the accidentally sold item, also if what if you are selling an item on purpose what happens with that extra gold you shouldn't normally have how do you tell the difference between your actual gold and your temporary re-buy gold.

My point is while it sounds like a good idea it sounds ridiculously hard/annoying to code and of course balance and keep the information regarding your gold simple to newer players, basically it sounds like a option to make the game easier for newer players but it also adds more complication.

also this is something that could be discussed for Wc3 DotA.
    CPU make and model: intel i7 4700MQ 2.4ghz
    GPU make and model: Nvidia Geforce 860M
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    Operating System: Win7 HP
    Connection speed: 600KB/s || 100KB/s || 764MS

I'm unsure what you mean "extra gold". I do not understand how this could be abused, please explain again.

I've edited the OP to clearly state that the Undo option is only available 10 seconds after your inventory has gained / lost an item.

Basic Member
    +1. This is a great idea. The only way I can see this being a bad thing is that it's just "new", which might bug some players committed to the "100% dota or nothing omg itll ruin the skill level and make it easier" belief.

@Crysiz : Everyone makes mistakes, it still happens to me even though I've been playing DotA for 6+ years. This isn't shopping for clothes or something like that where you have all the time in the world to pick and choose what you want, it's where a simple misclick or panic could cost you extremely valuable gold (yes, it goes for selling too). This function would save a valuable 2-3 seconds as well as the stress of thinking "oh God, is this the right item im selling?"

@DBX_5 : Coding shouldn't be too big a problem, it's Valve, they develop big games and I'm pretty sure they've coded things MUCH more difficult and complex than just a simple undo sell function. I'm not a developer so I can't be sure, but an undo buy function already exists so why should an undo sell function be any harder? Also, how does it affect balance at all? If it's only available for 10 seconds (or whatever amount of time), usable only at the shops, and assuming Valve will do a good job coding it, there shouldn't be anything wrong/exploitable about it. It doesn't add complication for new players, it just gives them an extra convenience to be able to lean on. It's not like denying or anything that requires real thinking, it'd just be a button or function that just says "oh ok, phew, good thing this is here cause i just sold my 5500 gold Heart by accident).

Basic Member
    support !!