Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: I am TIRED of this.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    I mean can you please provide me with your ID so I can look up your stats:
    on http://stats.dota2.be/search/stereodic

And if you do a search on that site, of random names, and click on people with over 300 games played, you will see that all of them are around 50% w/l ratio (a nice person here discussed with me and convinced me that it cannot be proven that valve is forcing the w/l to 47.5%, its more probably 50%). The thing is good sir, I did not mean to say to you that NO YOU CANNOT HAVE POSITIVE RATIO, what I meant was that you cannot maintain positive ratio for long, or keep making the ratio go higher! That is what "forcing to 50%" means. If you go over 50%, you will be matched with noobs and come back down, if you go under, you will be with good players and come back up. THAT, is what the flaw is. Why do I have to be placed with noobs when I am getting a higher w/l ratio is what the concern is. Why are there 4-30 team scores after I have had a winning streak. I apologise if I offended you :P
    http://stats.dota2.be/player/12923 here's my profile

You didn't offend me, don't worry. I see a lot of people talking about a forced 50%, that is a misconception they have about how Elo rating works. It should in theory give you 50% W/L when you are at your 'true' rating, but if your rating is say 20 games below or above breaking even you will remain there and overall your win rate is not 50%.

Basic Member
    I think the system should mix good and bad players. It's upon good player's shoulders to teach to the noobs. Otherwise, like others said before me, better to play only with friends.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserts View Post
    I think the system should mix good and bad players. It's upon good player's shoulders to teach to the noobs. Otherwise, like others said before me, better to play only with friends.
    If there is visible MMR then sure, but when you have a whole team going in blind how is anyone supposed to teach or learn anything from that?

Quote Originally Posted by stereodic View Post
    http://stats.dota2.be/player/12923 here's my profile

You didn't offend me, don't worry. I see a lot of people talking about a forced 50%, that is a misconception they have about how Elo rating works. It should in theory give you 50% W/L when you are at your 'true' rating, but if your rating is say 20 games below or above breaking even you will remain there and overall your win rate is not 50%.
    And you think that is fair? Is it fair that one team suffers crushing defeat because of inadequate matchmaking! Is it fair that noobs have to suffer insults by veterans and veterans have to suffer losses because of noobs! Should they not change the system?

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructoboy View Post
    And you think that is fair? Is it fair that one team suffers crushing defeat because of inadequate matchmaking! Is it fair that noobs have to suffer insults by veterans and veterans have to suffer losses because of noobs! Should they not change the system?
    The way the system is supposed to work is by matching you with people of your current rating until you either lose or win enough games to find your 'true' rating. I do not see any injustice in that, a lot of people think that they suddenly get 4 noob teammates when they go on a winning streak but I don't believe that's actually the case. At least, if you play enough games it sorts itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by stereodic View Post
    The way the system is supposed to work is by matching you with people of your current rating until you either lose or win enough games to find your 'true' rating. I do not see any injustice in that, a lot of people think that they suddenly get 4 noob teammates when they go on a winning streak but I don't believe that's actually the case. At least, if you play enough games it sorts itself out.
    but i have over 800 games played, then why does it keep doing it to me? People I have spoken to have 1100+ wins, same thing. It is not fair man, that people get matched up to noobs who ruin the game for them. I seriously have around 1 out of 50 games which is fair, evenly matched, and an actual GOOD GAME. lol.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.

Greetings unconstructive thread, meet my good friend Lock.

Jokes aside, closing this as I originally intended, as in the end no comprehensive evidence of new players appearing in high ranked games was produced. Redirect your feedback to the Matchmaking Feedback sticky, as usual.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.