Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Needs Testing] BUG AA ult game crashes

[Needs Testing] BUG AA ult game crashes

Hi

2 Games ago i played aa mid and when i was lvl 6 suddenly my ult animation come from nowhere and flew all over the map and then the game crashed and noone could reconnect.
    Now i played TA mid vs a aa and same thing happend when aa was lvl 6 and the game crashed aswell.

I cant post game ID becuse i cant find them -.-

I can confirm this.
    This happened twice last night and one more time today when I tested it.
    While I do not know the exact cause, I do believe his ult has something do to with it.

There were some very strange times where when I had popped an illusion rune and my illusions died,
    the ult 'marker' (the particle that flies out first when you use his ult),launches from the expired illusions.
    The game shortly crashes afterwards.

This even happened when I was level 5 and had a bottled illusion. It was very strange that the ult marker would launch as I did not
    have my ult in the first place.

I have also found that using the ult itself can cause the game to crash quite randomly.
    Last edited by KaLam1ty; 07-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Basic Member
    is there a reliable reproduction for this issue?
    was there by any chance a ta in the game?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I has happened in games were TA was not apparent. The games were totally lost (no win/lost but no replay either).

It seems somewhat random but I do know that the marker particle effect occurs when AA dies (including his illusions).
    This can cause a crash too.

His ult seems to crash the game somewhat randomly. I think it has something to do with the DoT.
    Last edited by KaLam1ty; 07-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.

When i played aa I had illus too when it happend. and when i met aa mid we both were at the exact same place the ramp at mid (from dire tower to river)

When i played aa i dont remember if a TA was in game or not but i guess cuse shes in every game^^
    And when i met aa i was TA so yeah TA was in game

Basic Member
    i take it, you dont have any matchids?

can anybody confirm this issue without a ta in the game?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

The first two games I used AA, there were no TA.

As for matchIDs, there are none as the games were totally lost.
    The server crashed and everyone was booted. (Everyone gets the red connection lost countdown)
    Last edited by KaLam1ty; 07-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Basic Member
    well, in that case, valve will have the crashdumps already, i guess.
    if you still find some similarity between the games, that crashed for you guys, feel free to update this thread.

Basic Member
    I've just played 2 games with AA and both games crashed just before my ult that I didn't cast appears. The ult appeared out of nowhere at level 4, I died and boom there goes my magical ult, the game didn't crash that time though, but 10 minutes later riki hit me, I didn't die, but my ult went off which was on cooldown and the game crashed 3 seconds later. And the first time it happened I don't recall, I wasn't aware it could've been my hero pick at the time.

Templar Assassin wasn't in either games, Nature's Prophet was in both games though.
    Last edited by Qwiggalo; 07-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Myself and Qwiggalo just had this issue, in both matches he played AA. The only similarity between the games was the crash happened near there enemy's tier 3 towers, there was also a Natures Prophet and a Lycan in both games.

The server crashes and doesn't let you rejoin, we didn't receive an abandon for either games.
    Last edited by Jimo; 07-13-2012 at 04:12 PM.