Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [suggestion]: dont allow people to queue for a game after abandon

I am sure that at some point someone will realise that League of Legends uses this method, and says this idea sucks just because of that.

But seriously now. This could work very well. +1 for that.

If they know they can't re-queue , then they will stay in the game and ruin the game even more and make you unable to safely leave.

Not against the idea but not sure about implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by ohne_caps View Post
    would not force to come back. it would force to wait.
    Example:
    1. abandon game
    2. can not reconnect(so ppl can not grief more)
    3. has to wait and can not queue. Not even in low priority
    I like this one even more... they have to spectate the game but they cant go to another queue.... +

Basic Member
    I don't think this is a good suggestion. There's is a system for that already, and is called "Low priority pool". They will be put with others quiters, won't win battle points, either items and will have a much longer queue to play a game, otherwise Dota 2 just will get a lot of clon/double accounts people just to be able to play wherever they want, and ruining more normal games with more accounts, just saying.
    Last edited by Larsen; 06-22-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    I don't think this is a good suggestion. There's is a system for that already, and is called "Low priority pool". They will be put with others quiters, won't win battle points, either items and will have a much longer queue to play a game, otherwise Dota 2 just will get a lot of clon/double accounts people just to be able to play wherever they want, and ruining more normal games with more accounts, just saying.
    When leaving places your account on a variable 15-20 minute or greater lockdown in terms of being able to queue, the greatest advantage of multiple accounts is nulled for most of the people that are going to bother with it in the first place. The idea isn't to defeat multiple accounts, it's to make defeating your system so aggravating that doing so isn't worth it for most people.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemozini View Post
    If they know they can't re-queue , then they will stay in the game and ruin the game even more and make you unable to safely leave.
    But that also means that "this" game is already ruined. This idea wont keep people from ruining games but from ruining MORE games. So less people suffer for some more mins instead of giving a retard the possibility to ruin several games within 20 mins.

Basic Member
    I think there should also be something like an abandon limit !
    i.e if you have more than ~15 abandons, your key should be gone

makes sense..

+1

I think if a troll is ruining a game, all 5 players on a team would leave in a short amount of time. Hopefully.

Basic Member
    I think there should also be something like an abandon limit !
    i.e if you have more than ~15 abandons, your key should be gone
    i got 16 in more then 1k games and that was because the game did not allow me to reconnect after game crashed and stuff....
    you may think about your numbers again...