Thread: Shop diversity

Shop diversity

There should be different models for Fountain shop, secret shop and side shop. And it would be also nice if they could look different between Dire and Radiant.

There should be different colours for every icon category in the shop so you can easily go to armor/ consumables etc.
    It would be nice if the shop/s apart the existing one appear in a way it is in WC3: DotA atm with multiple shops in the fountain area. This would be a nice graphic addition to the Fountain area. And WC3: DotA veterans would be happy with it in my opinion. Maybe you could name the current shop now quick shop, and others like in WC3: DotA.
    Always set the trail, Never follow the path!

I personally think the change from 7 base shops and 3 secret shops to basically 4 shops (1 base, 2 side and 1 main secret) will make it less confusing and hard for newer players to figure out where everything is this is especially the case with the search function that was also added to the item shops, the way it is now will also be more appealing to players of the LoL and HoN player bases since they use a similar system.

While I agree that keeping things similar to how they are in DotA1 would be more appealing to people who play wc3 DotA its just as important to figure out how the new game can be more appealing to new players which DotA1 most of the time isnt without at least a years worth of playing it.
    Last edited by DBX_5; 09-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Basic Member
    I think the different colors does a pretty good job of differentiating between the items. I think for sake of continuity, having one shop model works fine.

Oke, it was just a thought. Well, for the lore then I think the difference between Radiant and Dire shop would be great.
    Always set the trail, Never follow the path!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EeRi3 View Post
    Oke, it was just a thought. Well, for the lore then I think the difference between Radiant and Dire shop would be great.
    Different models would be cool but not because of the map-side they are on. Lore-wise, they are shop-keepers and they don't care who they are selling their stuff to and what side they are on. Different models would be cool just because :P
    EDIT: I guess it would make sense to make the dire shop-keepers look more sinister because they don't want to be conspicuous...
    Last edited by Cymen; 09-16-2011 at 10:36 AM.