Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Possible Bug: Towers Collision/Pathfinding

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Possible Bug: Towers Collision/Pathfinding

Hello,

I've noticed something over the course of a few games. If your enemy is circlign around his tower you sometimes have difficulties to catch up despite being faster. I've always noticed the hero somehow "twitching" in a weird way. I've also found a video which displays something like that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vh6-0ruMF8

Notice how NS's model somehow vibrates while circling a tower and that he probably wouldn't have catched up if Drow didn't get blocked by her own creeps? NS is actually a good hero to showcase this "twitching", since youc an see his wings vibrate in an unusual fashion, without him starting an attack.

I would assume this is a problem with the Pathfinding. Either that or the pathfinding is so good that it puts you so close to the tower that you actually contiously "bump into it" which slows you down. (and would mean a bug with tower collision)

Last edited by CvP; 10-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Basic Member
    There does seem to be a problem with heroes circling towers..it's definitely not as smooth as it should be.

Basic Member
    actually it happen with every single building (I'm not sure about the 2 ancients which are way bigger than rax/tower...) and Currently we can abuse of it not only when we are chased by heroes, but also when som1 pull creep and you have to face a whole wave of creep under tower, even if creeps run faster, they never hit you if you run arround the tower

Basic Member
    what you see there seems to be a combination of attack buffer range, turnrate and (absence of) animation canceling. doesnt look like a bug to me, simply bad control from bala.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Banned
    I think this is only an issue if you right click the target?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    what you see there seems to be a combination of attack buffer range, turnrate and (absence of) animation canceling. doesnt look like a bug to me, simply bad control from bala.
    Could be true too, but I remember it not being THAT bad, from my time playing the original DotA

Basic Member
    Just going to bump this as I found another video displaying this. Pretty sure something like that didn't happen in DotA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=4RycO8ktkFU

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

this circling always leads to death in d1 for the chased person. Why should it be promoted here? If you wanna juke use fog.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.